Chapter 018

"You got scouted."

I turned my head up to find Taehyung standing in front of my desk. His usual blank expression was plastered across his face as per usual. Gazing at my classmates from the corner of my eye, I noticed they were staring at us.

Keeping a smile on my face, I ended up mumbling lowly so it couldn't be heard by others, "it's not a very good time to talk about this V." I said, figuring that Hana had told him about YG. It wasn't that I was hiding the fact I was scouted — actually, I'll be honest, I was hiding the fact I was scouted. From the moment I was approached, I knew he would pressure me into taking the opportunity of becoming a model.

Taehyung was definitely going to force me into seizing the chance to fulfil a dead dream that wasn't going to come true. I knew he would convince me; he just had this way of persuading me to do what I wanted in life that was defying both my facade and parents. And I didn't know if I was scared on how he was always reaching out to my desires.

Desperate, I tilted my head to the side and slightly pleaded in my head that he would drop the subject so we could (never) talk about this later.

Finally after a moment of intense staring, Taehyung scoffed, kicked a chair and walked away with a loud grunt of annoyance. I finally breathed out the breath, that I didn't know I was holding. From the corner of my eye, everyone had gone back to their own businesses except Aerum who was beginning to approach me. She wore a pout as she drummed her overgrown, pink painted nails onto my desk.

"Sunmi could we talk?" Aerum asked, continuing to drum her fingers on my desk. The costing of nail polish was beginning to chip and I could see specks of the polish falling on my desk.

Why was everyone confronting me today?

I turned away from the specks on my desk and smiled up at her. "Of course Aerum, where would you like to speak?" I asked, tempted to break her fingers for drumming her fingers on my desk for nearly two minutes straight.

And I guess this was how we ended up standing out in the hallways. I straightened my uniform and clasped my fingers together.

Luckily, she didn't beat around the bush and got exactly to her point. "What was Taehyung talking about when he said you got scouted? What, you get scouted as an idol or something?" Aerum chewed on her lower lip and placed her hand on her hip. I guessed she kind of looked like one of those mean girls in the movies at the moment.

Somehow I expected this conversation to come up as soon as Taehyung confronted me briefly. Aerum was always up in my business, even if she knew my business was private — it never stopped her from poking her nose in my life. It was more surprising that she never caught on that I was pretending to be a good girl and was miserable from it. It was just that she was so nosy when it came to me, seeing any opportunity to beat me.

I smiled at her, "something on those lines, there was just someone handing out auditions for idols and models." I explained, not mentioning that it was just me they were scouting and not a public announcement for auditions.

Aerum's expression softened as she blinked twice. "Oh, then — nevermind. It's just that I thought you — actually nevermind, it's not important."

Offering yet another smile, I suggested we go back to class before the rang for the next period. Actually there wasn't really a rush, since it was free period to have time to prepare for the school festival, I just didn't want to be alone with her when I knew she was going to pester me further.

By the time we got back, everyone was preparing for another rehearsal of Romeo and Juliet. The school festival was tomorrow and everything was ready.