Chapter 010

Today was the day of the field trip. On that particular morning, my eyes had large dark circles surrounding the blood shot hues. My skin's usual complexion had turned sickly white.

It was the peak of dawn and I had spent nearly the whole night redoing all the mistakes made on the forms for the field trip. Thankfully everyone was able to receive their tickets via email. Technology definitely complimented my busy schedules.

"Hey Superwoman why do you look like death?" Hana taunted.

I snapped my head her and twitched my eye once. She threw her hands up and smirked. "Okay, okay, I won't ask. Go get your honey."

Glaring at her, I kicked her shins and knocked on the wooden door with my luggage by my side. "Taehyung is not my boyfriend, we're not even friends so please do not misunderstand. He's simply a way to pass the time."

"Yeah but he's such a hot way to pass the time to look at. His handsome face can probably make your ovaries explode by just smiling or smirking at you. And have you seen his arms? Damn but I'll pay him to let me touch it." I slapped her back of her head and narrowed my eyes at her.

I decided to ignore her and knocked on the door even louder. The door slammed open and an elder man opened the door looking more deathly than me.

The male had similar features to Taehyung, his features were sharp but his eyes were a lighter hue in comparison to Taehyung's. His hair stained with streaks of grey and the tone of his skin a shade darker. The build of his figure was large and he was neither lean nor muscular.

Forging a smile, I reached out to shake the elder man's hand. "Good morning sir, I was wondering if Taehyung-ssi was ready to head off to our class trip to Seoul. My name is Jung Sunmi, I'm the school president."

He slid his hair back with his hand and gripped onto my hand tightly. I winced but kept the smile on my face. "Kim Hyesung, the kid's father. He should be down soon."

Hyesung let go of my hand and trudged back into the house.

While Hana scoffed loudly, she grinned slyly, "he's so daddy, I guess hotness runs int he Kim family. But he sounds like a douche." She snickered.

My eyes flickered back and forth between the figure beside me and the empty hallways of the house in front. My hair was lifted with the wind and I could smell the delicate scent of cherry blossoms that carried the sweet aroma of spring itself.

Unlike my tired looked, the world seemed to look absolutely perfect. So perfect that I knew something horrible was going happen.

Life is never too kind.

Taehyung's figure emerged soon and he stood in front of me with his usual scowl. He carried a single black duffle bag and a pair of head phones were set around his neck. Hana pounced onto Taehyung, clinging on to him as usual.

A pit of sharp pains squeezed my body as I stiffly smiled. "Hey Taehyung your girlfriend here was absolutely insistent that we picked you up."

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow up at me, "I thought I was just a pawn in your game."

I almost punched Hana in the gut but she managed to bob down. Sticking her tongue out at me, I rolled my eyes. My body felt sloppy and numb, it was difficult to move and my eyes were trying to clam shut by themselves. I rubbed my eyes vigorously and gave a light yawn.

The three of us walked together, we all wore causal clothes. I was wearing a simple pink skirt with a lacy patterned cream blouse with a bow tied — my annoying hair was braided neatly in a single side braid.