XXXIX : Worth It.

a/n - apologies for being a day late, happy reading!

6 June 2015

"ただいま [Tadaima]!" Irmina chimed, opening the door to her apartment and knew that no one would be home but her ghosts and usually Aki is the one greeting back. The Blonde found it weird that Aki didn't return the greeting and she found out why.

"おかえり [Okaeri]," Natasha chuckled, in all her beauty and Irmina's sweater—looked way a little too big on her. With her eyes softened, her bag and keys dropped to the floor, Irmina quickly removed her boots, barely noticing that they tumbled all over as her focus was only on Natasha. She ran to have Natasha in her arms. She missed her cherry scent, snuggling deeper as she carried her off the floor. Irmina buried her face in the crook of Natasha's neck, savouring the moment, the world outside, her job, melting away as they held each other.

The Redhead was gently lowered back to the ground, as gracefully as a ballerina being eased down by her partner. She could feel the slight tremble with Natasha in her arms. She could hear her girlfriend's heartbeat, fast but steady—it was soothing to Irmina. She could feel the warmth as their foreheads touched.

"Oh, I've missed you."

"Sorry, I know I said two weeks."

"It's okay, at least I have you back."

"For a couple of months."

"Oh really?" Irmina confirmed what she had just heard, slowly taking off her uniform. Natasha nodded in response and Irmina, once again, picked her up and spun her around. "Even better!"

Natasha's laughter echoed through the apartment as Irmina, with a playful roll of her eyes, rushed to the bathroom to wash off the day's grime. She knew Natasha wouldn't let her hear the end of it if she didn't hurry, and the thought of their usual date night pushed her to move faster.

"Are you sure you do not want to join?" Irmina teased, quirked her eyebrow as she took off her shirt.

Natasha swallowed her words after seeing those muscles and unbelievably toned abs. Her body is just to die for—her entire being is. She used every single will in her body to politely reject her girlfriend, "Yes, I'll order in and pick a movie. Anything particular cravings?"

"I would like some soup, been raining the past few days."

"Take a long shower, okay?"

"If you say so."

Irmina did decide to take a long shower, to wash away all the grime and sweat from her skin so Natasha wouldn't feel all the filth she had on today. She smelt like gunpowder and grass. She thanked God that she didn't smell or be sticky with sweat when she hugged Natasha.

She laughed under her breath, hearing the lines from Empire Strikes Back. Natasha always had a thing for old movies as Irmina recovered what she had missed for seven decades.