CHAPTER 2: UNITED

THE NEXT DAY

We had breakfast together again. The atmosphere was joyful, filled with laughter as Blezy and I announced that we had reconciled. Suddenly, Daddy asked, "Do you have partners for the masquerade ball?"

I choked on what Daddy said, while Blezy smiled. "Many are vying to be my partner. As for Beauty, I don't know. If maraming naghahabol sa'kin, baka sa kanya, maraming tumatakbo... tumatakbo palayo," Blezy said while laughing then she drinknwater.

"Stop it, Blezy. I thought you two had made up?" Daddy said, trying to calm us down.

"Sorry, dad" Blezy replied.

"I actually have a partner," I said. I saw the surprise on their faces.

"Really?" Blezy asked, laughing.

"Who?" Mommy asked, surprised.

"Your boyfriend?" Daddy asked.

Oh, my family. I just scratched my head. I was about to speak, but Blezy spoke first.

"Mom, Dad, I'm sure we all know who Beauty's partner will be. Right, Beauty?"

"H-huh?" I stammered, not knowing what to say. I didn't have a partner yet. Then I suddenly remembered CJ. Yes, I'll make CJ my partner for the ball.

"Y-yes," I answered.

"Is he a doctor in a public hospital?" Blezy asked, clearly knowing who my partner would be.

"I know it, Christ Jome?" Daddy said, smiling.

"No other than, she doesn't have any other male friends besides CJ," Blezy said, then she smirk.

"Enough of that, you might start fighting again," Daddy said.

"I don't mind who you bring as a partner. Just make sure they can be trusted. You know how expensive the jewelry we'll be showcasing is," Daddy said.

"Yes, Daddy," Blezy and I said together.

Mommy's phone rang. She checked it and read the message. "The wardrobe designer messaged, saying they can only come this afternoon due to an emergency."

"Does that mean we need to come back here later?" I asked.

"Of course, unless you want them to go to your house," Blezy said, rolling her eyes.

After we ate, we all went to the office together.

When we got to the office, we were all busy with our respective tasks. I couldn't stop thinking about the masquerade ball and asking CJ to be my partner. I needed to make sure he would agree. I wondered what if he had a shift on that day.

While I was busy laying out a jewelry design, my phone rang. It was CJ calling. I briefly thought about how to bring this up with him. I took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hello, CJ," I greeted.

"Hi, Beauty. How are you? Can we have lunch together later?" he replied.

"I'm good. Sure, let's meet later, I have something to tell you," I said.

"Okay, see you at our favorite restaurant," he said excitedly.