CHAPTER 1: HIDDEN TEARS

The only sound was the keyboard as I busily typed the last chapter of my story "Loving You Everywhere." Whenever I have free time, I make the most of it by writing fictional stories—one of my favorite hobbies.

In the midst of my writing, Blezy, my twin who always brings accusations and reprimands, suddenly entered the room. She was wearing a red dress and carrying a sling bag.

"Ugh, alone in your room again? Hindi ka ba uuwi sa salamin at sumama sa mga witch friends mo?" she sneered at me, arms crossed and mocking.

I glared at her. "If you only came here to annoy me, just leave," I said, continuing to type on my computer.

"Do you think I wanted to come to this... cheap house of yours?" she said with an eye roll. I wanted to poke her eyes out!

I stood up and faced her. "Why are you here?"

"Well, Dad sent me to give you this invitation card for the 25th Anniversary of BBDA Jewels," she said, throwing the red invitation card at my face.

Miraculously, Dad managed to get her to deliver an invitation to me. I quickly took the invitation card. But wait, why would Dad send her to give me the invitation card? It’s supposed to be distributed tomorrow. Hmmm... I smell something fishy!

"Is that all you came here for?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow and smirking.

"Actually... I have something else to give you. I'm sure you won't forget this... this is from me," she said, slapping my face. It hurt so much that I felt like my jaw was dislocated. I teared up from the pain.

"Ouch!" she slapped my other cheek. "Argh!"

"Ang kapal ng mukha mo!" she yelled at me. "You're always pakialamera, pangit. Dapat kasi hindi kana bumalik."

I tried to be brave. "What did I do to you that made you so angry?"

"Stop pretending. You told Dad that I sold the ruby necklace," she shouted, her nose almost smoking with anger.

"Yes, I told Dad about what you did because... because what you did was wrong. Why did you have to sell it?" I replied calmly.

"What do you care? anak naman ako ng may-ari, so I can do whatever I want with that jewelry," she answered, pointing her finger at my forehead.

"Napaka pakialamera mo kasi talagang monster ka!"  she screamed at me before pulling my hair. We ended up wrestling on the floor while pulling each other's hair. Suddenly, Darlene arrived and tried to separate us. Blezy didn't stop immediately, so Darlene slapped her hard.

"Umalis ka na dito!" Darlene shouted at Blezy, throwing her sandal.

Blezy must have been scared of my friend's fierceness, so she left. We peeked out the window to check if she had really left. She had, in her red car.

"Thank you, bestie!" I softly said, hugging my friend.

"Oh, come on! Maliit na bagay lang 'yon. 'Wag kang mag-alala, pag inaway ka ulit ng babaeng 'yon... di lang sampal ang aabutin niya," Darlene said angrily.

"Ano ba kasing ginagawa ng bruha mong kakambal dito sa bahay mo?" she asked me while helping me clean up the mess in my room.

I picked up the invitation card and handed it to her.

"OMG! 25th Anniversary na pala ng BBDA Jewels next week?" she exclaimed. "Hmm? I'm sure palusot lang niya na magdadala siya ng invitation card, itension n'ya talagang awayin ka"

"Dapat sa kakambal mong 'yan tandyakan at bugbugin. Kung hindi ako nakapagpigil...grrr!" she said, seething with anger.

---