CHAPTER 11: JEALOUS

Hay, grabe! It's been almost a week since I met Russell, and I still can't believe everything that's been happening.

Knock, knock!

I heard a knock on the door, so I rushed to open it. It was Darlene.

“Besh, hindi ka ba nabo-bored dito sa bahay mo?” she asked, her voice sweet.

“No, why?” I replied, confused.

“Pwes, sumama ka sa'kin dahil ako, nabu-bored na!” she said, looking mischievous.

“Where are we going?” I asked, hesitant.

“Basta, exciting 'to!” she replied, with a sly smile.

“Pero it's already night na,” I said, a little worried.

“Wala nang pero-pero!” she said.

I had to agree because, honestly, I was getting bored at home too. I quickly changed and the witch dragged me out.

Aba! Ang galing, niyaya ako pero sasakyan ko lang pala ang gagamitin! Whatever, Ok, it's fine.

When we arrived, she took me to a bar.

“Besh, why here?” I asked, covering my face with my shawl.

“Just relax,” she said as she ordered drinks.

“Besh, I really don't want to drink,” I protested.

“Iiwan mo ko?” she replied, sounding like she was guilt-tripping me. I couldn't refuse her, so I just joined her at the table.

I was about to sit down when I bumped into a girl behind me.

“Oh my gosh! Stupid!” she shouted, furious.

I immediately recognized that voice. It was Xada, one of the models for BBDA Jewels.  Oh no.

“I'm sorry,” I said, looking down in shame.

“Sorry? Look at what you did! You ruined my dress!” She approached me, disgusted by the wet part of her dress. “Wait a minute... I know you.” She laughed, her eyes sharp. “You're... you're that ugly designer for BBDA Jewels!” she said, laughing mockingly.

“Hoy! Sinong ugly?! Tingnan mo muna ang sarili mo bago ka manghusga! Gumanda ka lang naman dahil sa plastic surgery!”  Darlene retorted, not backing down.

“Besh, stop,” I tried to stop Darlene, but she ignored me.

“No, besh! Ako na ang bahala sa babaeng 'to!” she said, facing Xada. “Hoy babae, wag kang magmayabang dahil mula ulo hanggang paa, puro retoke ang meron ka! Akala mo kung sino kang maganda eh isa ka lang namang retokada!”

Some people around us started laughing, mocking Xada. She blushed with embarrassment, but she didn't back down.

“Everyone, hindi totoo ang sinasabi ng babaeng ‘to!” Xada shouted, trying to hide her nervousness.

“Sinungaling! Sige nga, galawin mo yang ilong mo!” Darlene challenged, emphasizing her words.

Xada froze. Suddenly, she grabbed the beer glass from the table and poured it on Darlene.

“Yan ang bagay sa'yo! Ang kapal ng mukha mong hiyain ako dito!” Xada said angrily she's almost trembling.

Darlene didn't back down, so she retaliated and poured beer on Xada too. Xada slapped Darlene, and Darlene slapped her back.  Chaos erupted, people started screaming, some took out their phones and started recording videos.

“Stop it!” I shouted, but I got caught up in it too.

“You too!” Xada shouted then she  grabbed my hair.

We were in a complete brawl in the middle of the bar until some bouncers intervened. They took us to a room to sort things out.

“Sir, sila pong dalawa ang may kasalanan! Pinagtulungan po nila ako!” Xada said, pretending to cry.

“Sinungaling ka! Ikaw ang nauna!” Darlene countered.

“I don't care who started it! Sa presinto kayo magpaliwanag,” the manager said angrily. “Basta bayaran niyo lahat ng sinira niyo. Ang dami niyong nabasag na alak.”

“Sir, sila ang singilin mo dahil sila ang may kasalanan!” Xada insisted, almost pleading.

“Ang kapal mo! Ikaw kaya ang may kasalanan at dami mong nabasag!” Darlene retorted, refusing to back down.

“Okay, I'll pay for everything,” I said, forced to pay to avoid further trouble. I took out my wallet and counted the money to give to the manager.

“Good. Hindi na namin kailangan ng eksena dito,” the manager said coldly as he accepted the payment. I noticed he gave Darlene and Xada a warning look.