CHAPTER 12: FEUD

I woke up to a flurry of messages on my phone. Social media was ablaze with clips and comments about the bar fight. My heart sank as I scrolled through the posts, each one a reminder of how quickly the world could turn against me.

A message from Russell popped up, and I opened it hesitantly.

“Good morning Beauty. Just checking in.  Are you okay, now? If you need to talk, I’m here.”

I took a deep breath, feeling a mix of emotions. I typed back, “I’m okay. Thanks for checking in. I appreciate it.”

Before I could put my phone down, another message came through—this time from CJ.

“Beauty, I can’t believe what happened last night. If you want to talk or need anything, let me know. I’m just a call away.”

I felt my heart racing. Both of them were concerned and eager to help, pero I was stuck in a whirlwind of emotions na hindi ko ma-process. As I prepared for another day of potential fallout, I knew I had to face my family and the world. But, more importantly, I had to find a way to stand my ground, not just for myself pero for everything I believed in.

The  tension between me and Blezy was far from over, at I could feel the storm brewing on the horizon. I took a deep breath, looked at my reflection in the mirror, and summoned the courage I needed. “Kaya ko 'to!” I prepared myself and headed to BBDA Jewels.

As I walked into the building, ang tension was palpable. The air was thick with unspoken words, and I could sense the eyes of my fellow employees on me. Pero, I was determined na hindi hayaan na maapektuhan ang work ko.

“Look who decided to show up,” a voice sneered from the corner. It was Xada, the model who always seemed to find pleasure in making my life difficult. “I thought you’d be too busy wallowing in your own pity.”

I took a deep breath, reminding myself of Dad’s words. I wouldn’t let her get to me. “Wala akong ginagawang masama. I’m here to work, Xada. I suggest you do the same.”

“Work?” she laughed, the sound grating on my nerves. “What’s the point? Everyone knows you’re just here because of your uncle. You don’t have any real talent.”

The other employees snickered, and I felt a wave of humiliation wash over me. I clenched my fists, fighting the urge to retaliate. Instead, I walked over to my workstation, trying to focus on my sketches.

“Wag mo na lang s'yang pansinin, besh,” Darlene, said as she approached. “She’s just trying to provoke you.”

“Thanks, beshtie,” I replied, grateful for her support. “But it’s hard to ignore when she’s so loud about it.”

“I get it,” Darlene said, leaning against the table. “Hayaan mo na lang ang bruhang ‘yon, inggit lang ata s'ya sayo kaya ginaganyan ka n'ya.”

As we spoke, the door to the office swung open, and our new lead designer, Mrs. Antonioni, walked in. She was a tall woman with a commanding presence, and everyone immediately quieted down.

“Good morning, everyone,” she said, her voice authoritative. “I hope you’ve all been working on your concepts for the upcoming collection. We have a tight deadline, and I expect everyone to contribute positively.”

“Basta wala lang mag bida-bida,” Joky muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Enough,” Mrs. Antonioni said sharply, shooting Joky a glare. “I will not tolerate any negativity in my pamumuno. Beauty, I expect you to lead your team with professionalism. Show us what you’ve got.”