CHAPTER 10: TUTOR

I woke up early to work out, as usual. I went through my usual routine-jogging in place, stretches, a few push-ups, and some light weights. The adrenaline coursed through my body, pushing out any remaining sleepiness. Afterward, I headed to the kitchen, my stomach growling in anticipation. I quickly whipped up some fried rice and scrambled eggs, the comforting aroma filling the small space. Satisfied with my work, I grabbed two plates.

Curious about how Russell was doing after the bizarre events of yesterday, I decided to invite him for breakfast. I found him in the mini library, flipping through a book he clearly didn't understand.

"Hey, Russell," I called out. "Join me for breakfast?"

He looked up, smiled, and followed me to the dining area without question. We sat down, the clinking of utensils and the gentle sounds of chewing filling the silence.

"Mademoiselle, j'aimerais connaître votre nom." (Miss, I would like to know your name. What is your name?) he said with a playful smile, taking a bite of his fried rice.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Ah, c'est vrai, je ne me suis pas présenté. (Oh, right, I haven't introduced myself.) I'm Beaxyn Utyssa Viballer, but you can call me Beauty," I replied, reaching out to shake his hand.

"Beauty?" he repeated, testing the name on his tongue. Then his expression grew more serious. "You said last night that you created me. Est-ce vrai?" (Is that true?)

I felt my stomach twist on his question. How do I explain something like that? "Y-yes, you're just a character in my story, but I don't know why you're here now... eating breakfast with me." I tried to sound calm, but the surrealness of the situation was gnawing at me. I took a sip of water, more for distraction than thirst.

"Nous sommes tous les deux confus." (We are both confused), he said with a gentle laugh, but his eyes held a serious weight, like he was trying to piece it all together.

"Never mind, let's just leave it at that," I said, not wanting to dwell on the strange circumstances. "Anyway, you're free to stay here in my house for now."

"Merci," (Thank you) he said, smiling gratefully. "Don't worry, I'll help you."

Help? How exactly could he help me? My mind raced with possible scenarios, none of which seemed remotely plausible. The thought of someone randomly showing up in my life, even if he was a fictional character I had written, was already absurd enough. If anyone saw me with him, they'd have endless questions. And explaining his existence? Impossible.

As we continued eating, the idea tugged at me again. What if someone did see us together? What if-

"Ehem... um, Russell, would it be okay if..." I hesitated, realizing I didn't know how to finish that sentence.

He raised an eyebrow, leaning in slightly. "What?"

My thoughts scrambled. "Ah... n-nothing. Just finish your food, and then come with me."

Russell gave me a curious look but didn't press further. He quietly went back to his plate, but I could feel the tension in the air. This man-this character-was suddenly very real, and I had no idea what to do next.

As he cleared his plate, I stood up, motioning for him to follow me. "Let's get started on... figuring this out," I muttered, heading toward the door.