CHAPTER 35

"Jin's shadow"

Side story

"Babe... Are you okay? Can I know what's the result?" Jeong Hyeok said while knocking at the door.

Seri is still in the bathroom holding the pregnancy kit. "Oh my god!" She said while looking at the pregnancy test kit. It has two lines on it. "I'm pregnant!" She said. She look at herself in the mirror. "Yoon Seri! You're going to have a baby..." She said.

They are all waiting for Seri to go outside. "What's the result?" They all asked when Seri finally went outside.

Seri gave to Doctor Kim the pregnancy test kit. "It has two lines... Seri is pregnant." Doctor Kim said.

Seri hide behind Jeong Hyeok. "Is she really pregnant?" He asked. Doctor Kim nodded. "But go to the hospital tomorrow to conduct more test and to meet Doctor Han the best OB/GYN in the hospital." He said.

"Eomma..." Seri said but she startled when Mrs. Ri hug her. "Congratulations...  Welcome to motherhood, Seri." She said. "Eomma, you're not mad?" Jeong Hyeok asked. "Just like what you're father said, my grandchild is more important." She said.

Seri and Jeong Hyeok exchange their glances. "Thank you, Babe... We we're having a baby now." He whispered.

🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭

Present days

"What's this Sister Jane?" Seri said when she take a medium box from Sister Jane when they meet in a cafe near at their company. "That is Hye Won's things. She gave it to me before I went back to Seoul before the car accident happened." She said. "I don't know what's inside but I think it's about time to gave it to you. You're her twin sister after all." Sister Jane said. Seri smile while touching the box.

Because of Sister Jane's testimony and the appearance of Mi Kyung, one of the person who lived in Church in Busan, they have a strong case against to Ryu Jin. The court also grant her request to extend her protection order against him.

"Sister Jane, we will send you in your hotel." Seri said. She's with Gwa Beom and the newly hired driver for her. "No, it's okay... I still had an appointment to do before I go back to my hotel." She said. "Congratulations, Seri. Jeong Hyeok told me that you're going to have a baby." She said. Seri smile as she nodded. "Thank you, Sister Jane." She said. Sister Jane smile while looking at her. She suddenly hug Seri. "Please be always careful... And take care of yourself, Seri." She said. "After the trials I will go back to the US to live there." She said. "I will be miss you, Sister Jane. Thank you for always been there for Hye Won. Until now, you always there for her." She said. "She's just like a daughter to me, just like you to me." She said. Seri smile.

After their talked, Seri took her half day and told Jeong Hyeok that she will go straight to his place. "Ms. Yoon, are you sure you will be okay here?" Gwa Beom asked. "Yes, I am.. You can go back to the office, I will stay here and wait to Jeong Hyeok." She said. "Arasso... Call me if something happened. And also Mr. Shim is at the lobby." He said. Seri smile and nodded. "Arasso..." She said.

She make sure the door lock when Gwa Beom left. Her phone suddenly ring and unknown number registered on the screen.

"Hello?" She said. But no one speak. "Who's this?" She asked. She heard the other person breath heavily. Seri suddenly feel anxious as she immediately end the call.