chapter¹⁵

an apology of sorts

an apology of sorts

🐺✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼🐺

authors pov

01:34 PM. AURADON, THE UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"jay!" carlos says, barging into their shared dorm. jay looks up from staring at his golden trophy. "jay, you gotta help me!"

"what did you do now?" the son of jafar asks, watching the son of cruella fall face first on his bed. "are you going to tell me or...?"

"i messed things up with y/n!"

"again?"

"again?!" carlos shoots his head up, looking at jay in horror. "i've done it more than once? and you didn't tell me?! jay!"

"i'm kidding, bro," jay says, getting up from his bed. "what did you do?"

"we..." carlos' cheeks go warm as he thinks about it. jay raises his eyebrows, waiting for his best friend to continue. "we held hands,"

"look at you!" jay says, punching carlos' arm. 

"ow!"

"finally, man!" jay says. "and how did you mess it up?"

"i snatched my hand away from hers when i actually realised we were holding hands..." he's stupid. he knows. 

jay hums as carlos winces, rubbing his arm. 

"and what are going to do about it?"

🐺

"so you're telling me you've liked my sister since forever and you've upset her and you want to know if she's told me anything about you?" luna asks, opening her dorm door to a carlos and jay who both stand there, their mouths hanging open. 

"we-we-"

"we didn't even say anything,"

"you don't have to," luna says with a shrug. "y/n's teaching me how to use my wolf skills and you," she points at carlos. "smell like guilt, sadness and y/n. and you," she points at jay. "smell like you want to laugh, like you're a good friend and like you want to steal the gold bracelet i'm wearing,"

jay averts his eyes from the bracelet with a whistle. 

"y/n hasn't said anything to me," luna says, talking to carlos. "but you shouldn't be discouraged, carlos! you've know her way longer than i have. and if you are friends" or something more which luna is pretty sure that they are. "things like this has happened before, so you know exactly what to do,"

carlos hums, both jay and luna look at him. 

"i know what i can do,"

🐺

y/n looks up to the full moon, her eyes going gold. midnight and a full moon? if she was on the isle of the lost, she would be with her dad and they'll probably go on a run. but y/n is not on the isle. she's in auradon with her sister and her mother. she wants nothing to do with her mother but she wants everything to do with her sister. 

she pulls her legs to her body, hugging herself as she closes her eyes. the moon has always made her so calm.  

"i can hear you, carlos," y/n mutters loud enough so that he can hear her. he might be cute but he's an idiot at times. it's almost concerning. "i can also smell you. what do you want?"

carlos comes out from behind her and sits down next to her with a basket in his hands. y/n opens her eyes to glance at the basket. 

"i'm sorry," carlos says, giving y/n the basket. she narrows her eyes at him, taking it. "i'm sorry for snatching my hand back when we held hands," y/n  opens the basket, seeing her favourite sweets. brownies. "i...i panicked and i'm not-"

y/n rests her head on carlos' shoulder, making him shut his mouth. oh my gosh, is she going to kill him?

"who baked these?"

"me, jay and luna did,"

"so they're probably raw, right?" y/n asks, taking one in her hands and squishing it. and it is. the batter just oozes out. carlos' cheeks go warm as y/n just lets out a laugh. "come on," she says, getting up. "jay can eat these. let's go make some more,"

she puts her hand out for carlos to take. and he does without panicking as much this time.