chapter¹⁴

prepping mal for her very first date

a/n: technically the date and the tourney game don't happen on the same day BUT WHO CARES.

IT'S MY BOOK ><

🐺✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼🐺

authors pov

11:34 AM. AURADON, THE UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"y/n!" carlos says, running over to her. y/n turns, changed out of her cheer costume. back in a dark red and black dungaree dress and brown heeled boots. "you killed it!" 

he hugs her, making the girl stiffen in shock before relaxing in his arms. she hugs him back, her putting her chin on his head. 

"who did i kill?" she asks, both of them letting go each other. 

"your cheer,"

"i basically didn't even cheer," y/n says, rubbing her nose. "but thank you. you also killed it with tourney,"

"i did?" carlos asks, tilting his head. "a-are you sure? i-"

"i'm sure," y/n nods, fiddling with her necklace. "you even did that block i taught you,"

carlos laughs and it's the prettiest sound that y/n loves to hear. 

"yeah," carlos says, looking up at her. "i remembered it at that exact moment and it worked,"

"it worked well," y/n says, then she looks down and she realises that they're holding hands. carlos looks down as well, before panicking and snatching his hand away in panic. y/n's eyes glow golden before she blinks the colour. ouch. he didn't want to hold her hand? maybe she didn't want to hold his. 

"i uh-" y/n's phone buzzes, thankful for the excuse. 

"i need to check this,"

the twin sister🧣

Y/N

Y/N

Y/N???

HELLO?

Y/N

What?

WHERE ARE YOU? 

I was with you twenty minutes ago

I KNOW I KNOW

but mal is looking for you

Tell her I'm-