𝟏𝟐. 𝐉𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫

It was ten sharp in the morning, Castlecoming day.
All the students looked anxious and couldn't wait for nightfall to attend the grand ball, but before that they had to attend classes at Merlin Academy.

Some of the students were in Alchemy class, others in Royal History and some more in Queen Guinevere's Dance class, this was the case for Princess of Hearts who was sitting on a bench next to one of the windows of the great hall, waiting for her dance partner to arrive.

Most of her classmates had already entered the great hall and were meeting their partners.
— Aladdin, good morning, umm... could you tell me the time?— asked Bridget smiling.

The young Aladdin nodded before looking at the watch on his wrist. — 10:15 Bridget. — said the boy as he continued on his way to meet his girlfriend, Princess Jasmine.

Bridget sighed, it was already a bit late and Hook hadn't arrived to class yet, this seemed very strange to the princess after everything that had happened the day before.
— Brid. Everything okay? — Ella, the best friend of the princess of hearts approached her since she noticed her a bit restless.
— Yes, everything perfect. Umm... Have you seen James by any chance? — the princess asked.

Her blue-haired friend could tell that Bridget was anxious that the pirate wasn't there.
— Oh, not really, but you know how he is, maybe he overstepped and he's late. — she said trying not to discourage her.
— You're right, I just have to wait a little more, I'm sure he'll arrive. — the princess commented motivated.

The minutes passed and class started, Bridget had decided to wait for Hook and repeatedly denied the queen's offer to dance with some of her knights.

The clock struck 11:00 in the morning, and the pirate never showed up.

The princess of hearts along with her curly friend walked to their next class, Royal History.
However, Bridget was much more smiling and talkative than usual, talking about her date with James the night before, how she would fix her hair for Castlecoming that night and how the pirate had promised to pick her up, it was as if she didn't want to mention that the captain of the Jolly Roger had stood her up.

Ella couldn't explain why Hook had broken his promise to meet Bridget for dance class, the pirate's reputation preceded him but he had shown to be truly interested in the Princess of hearts. What could've changed?
Maybe he was late? Or maybe he forget? Did he got into trouble?
Too many questions and no answers.

Bridget and Ella met Red and Chloe in the hallway, who were also heading to Royal History class.
— Girls! Hi! Good morning! How are you? — asked the Princess of hearts with a smile.