Chapter 13: Can't Stop

*Ali's pov

The guys have been gone for about a year and I have been a serious mess every night. Sure I talk to Adam and James a minimum of 3 times a week but it wasn't enough I needed to see them. They still had 6 months left before the tour finally ended. As selfish as it was I couldn't wait until it was over.

Wake Up Call has been great, it's always busy and it is exactly what I was hoping for. I got home about 3 today, Chris has been on my ass about the website being perfect and constantly updated and he is demanding new merchandise. It was truly exhausting but I shut my mouth because it was another income and it was my way of supporting the guys. I changed into my sweats and jumped on the couch, Frankie curling up with me. I smiled and started updating the site with the new pictures Chris sent me when Frankie start crying. I pouted, I hated when she cried, it was rare and it was heartbreaking. I put my laptop down and grabbed her leash, "wanna go for a walk girl?" I asked and she jumped off the couch and circled me. "Sorry we haven't had a good walk lately girl, work is crazy!" I explained as I hooked on the leash and went out the door. We must have walked a good 2 miles before we stopped at the dog park and relaxed under a tree, well I relaxed while Frankie played with her friends.

I looked at my phone 5:30. I called Frankie back and we headed home. We decided to run, well Frankie decided to run, I was pulled along. As we ran down the street I spotted Michael. I hadn't seem him in a while. I got Frankie to stop so I could see if cars were coming to cross the street. Suddenly Frankie pulled hard on the leash and I lost my grip. She sprinted across the street. I ran after her scared she'd be hurt. I was maybe 2 feet from her when I heard the screech of tires on the road and very close and then suddenly nothing.

*Michael's pov

"Ali!" Oh my God! I thought. Frankie reached my side and stopped sitting close by me. She could tell something was wrong. Shit! I ran to Ali's side cursing the driver as I reached her. "Ali, can you hear me?" I asked. I checked for a pulse when I got no response. I panicked and couldn't find a pulse, I was checking the wrong spot and my frazzled mind wasn't realizing it. I pulled out my phone and called 911. The driver was yelling something about Ali running in the street and it was her fault. I was getting pissed. I called Julia and told her to hurry. The ambulance came shortly followed by Julia. "Jules take Frankie home I'm gonna go with Ali" I explained and got in the ambulance with her. Adam and James were going to freak, they were in Europe, nothing they could do now. Oh god please just let her be okay, I begged. We got to the hospital and I was forced into the waiting room while they took her. I had her phone in my hand. The screen was cracked but there was a text from Adam. "Hey baby, sorry about not calling the past couple of days, it has been crazy. Whatcha doing? :) James and I miss you like crazy." I read it and nearly burst into tears. Shit how was I going to tell them this over the phone? I hit the call button in the corner of the text. Adam answered on the second ring, "hey baby, I wasn't expecting you to call I know you had work" he said and I could hear the happiness in his voice. "Ali?" He asked when I stayed silent. "Adam," I said my voice pained. "Michael? Why do you have Ali's phone? What's going on?" He asked and he was suddenly very worried. "Where's James?" I asked ignoring him. "Right here" he said. "Take him and go some place quiet" I said trying to steady my voice. I heard him talking to James and then moving around. "You're on speaker Michael, what is going on?" It was James and I could practically hear the tears. I took a deep breath. "It's Ali guys, she was walking Frankie and she saw me across the street. Ali checked to make sure it was okay and Frankie darted. No cars were coming so Ali chased her. It was horrible guys I... I don't know where the car came from." I managed before finally breaking down in tears. "Mike what... Is she...." James couldn't even say it, and I didn't want to think it. "She's in the emergency room, what if they have to do surgery, I can't give them the okay I'm not family!" I panicked. I literally couldn't help her even if I wanted to.