Chapter 19: The Way You Look Tonight

*Adam's pov

I turned around to face Jane. I hadn't seen her since I followed her to college years ago. She dumped me and now all of a sudden she wants me back? What the hell! I looked at her angrily as she walked down the aisle towards me. Ali was unusually quiet and that scared me she could be dangerous when she was this quiet. "Adam" Jane said softly as she stopped in front of me, Ali had just turned around. "I've missed you" she said. I was quiet, I had nothing to say to her. "Come on baby, you know you had more fun with me than with..." She looked Ali up and down, "...her". Ali stepped forward and slapped her, hard. You could already see there would be a bruise there. "Get out!" She said softly but angrily. Jane grabbed her face, "you little bitch!" She said stepping forward. Jesse grabbed her and pulled her back and I took Ali's hand. "Stay away from us, I mean it, if you so much as show your face again I promise you won't just have a bruised cheek." She threaten. Everyone was silently watching. "Go" Ali said and I could hear the pain in her voice. "So you have your girlfriend fighting your battles now? That's cute" she said and turned before Ali could react. When she was out of sight Ali shook out her hand, "ow! That hurt" she said. I kissed her hand gently, "damn Ali, remind me not to piss you off" I said with a smirk. She smiled and we turned back to the priest who was shocked but finished the ceremony.

After the interesting ceremony we had pictures and started to relax again. Dinner was perfect, and soon it was time for the speeches. Michael stood up and you could tell he was nervous. "Adam, damn I don't know where to start, I honestly never thought this day would happen. I guess I should have expected it, you two were made for each other. I remember when you realized for the first time you loved her. That was funny, you were so confused and I couldn't help but laugh" he chuckled. "Anyway, Ali I'm glad you're the one Adam chose to be with, you're perfect for him and you're a great friend." He said with a smile. "Congratulations guys I love you both" he said and handed the mic to Lucy. "Hi everyone, I'm Lucy in case you didn't know. I may not have a long past with these two but I'm so glad I met them, they are the sweetest people ever. I wish it had been under better circumstances but it was interesting nonetheless. In the short time I've known you both you have truly shown me what love is about. Ali told me about your history and after everything you've made it through it all and now you're committed to each other. Congrats Ali and Adam! I love you" she said and hugged us both. Finally James stood up and he looked nervous, more nervous then playing in front of thousands of people.

"Ali, I can't believe I'm standing here at your wedding. I thought I'd be married first" he laughed softly. "You've grown into such a strong woman, mom and dad would be so proud of you and all that you've accomplished, I know I am. I know I've been overprotective sometimes too overly protective but hey, that's what big brothers do. We've been though it all, and honestly I thought you getting married would ruin all of that but I have the feeling now it won't. Adam, damn do we have a history. The first time you dated Ali I was protective, but not overly protective. Then you broke her and I thought I was going to kill you. Then you asked me to join your band and I thought you were looking for a death sentence, but you proved yourself. Then you asked to date Ali again and I was reluctant but I made I her chose. I was protective when you dated again, overly protective and then that faded with time. Through all of that I guess I realized that mistakes happen but true love is forever. And that's what you two have. I guess my dad saw that when he gave you his blessing on his death bed. I'm so happy for you guys, I know that Ali is in save hands with you. So if everyone would be so kind as to raise their glasses to toast the happy couple. I love you guys!" He finished and kiss Ali and hugged me.

*Ali's pov

The toasts made me cry but in a good way. I was so happy. After the toasts we had the first dance. We switched it around because James found out that I hadn't eaten and he knew I was pregnant. Adam still didn't though, and I was waiting for the best time to tell him. He slipped on a hands free mic and sang the way you look tonight as we danced. It was perfect. After everyone joined us and we relaxed having fun.