Chapter 16: Just a Feeling

*Ali's pov

I cried as he took my hand and led me off stage. He pulled me close as soon as we were out of sight of the audience and kissed me deeply. "I love you Ali" he said his arms wrapped around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, "I love you too Adam" I said kissing him again. "Congrats guys!" Jesse said pulling me into a hug. "Thanks Jesse" I said hugging him back. "Took you long enough Adam, you've only had the ring for like a year and a half or something" Mickey said and James elbowed him giving me a kiss. "Congrats sis" he said hugging me. "You've had the ring since my accident?" I turned to Adam asking him. "Uh well yeah I bought it that morning and then we got the call and well it's been crazy with tour and then your rehab-" "you just proposed on tour so don't give me that. What's the real reason you waited?" I asked cutting him off. "Well when I asked James for permission he went and helped me pick out a ring and then Michael called us and he asked me to wait until you were okay so I did" he shrugged. "Then why wait until now I've been fine for a long time Adam?" I asked feeling the pain rising in me. He pulled me aside away from the guys, especially James. "Baby, I was only doing what he asked me too. He gave me his blessing but asked me to wait until you were 100 percent, with no therapy." I rolled my eyes, "Adam I'm probably going to need therapy for a very long time, my leg was badly hurt. Lucy even said the workout routine she is creating for me is pretty much just physical therapy." I said. "I'm sorry Ali I wanted to earlier, I wanted to at the end of the last tour but James was still on edge about your accident and I didn't want to push it." I kissed him, "next time, make it your choice, because I was on the verge of giving up my therapy despite knowing I might never walk again without it. I could've used this for motivation to get me through it. Knowing that I'd have to walk down the aisle to meet the man I love would've been the only thing getting me through all of this!" I said. I was getting emotional thinking of it and started tearing up. "I know baby, I'm sorry" he said holding me close. "Please don't cry baby, you know I've never been able to handle you crying." He said kissing my head and wiping my tears. "Take me home" I whispered. As we passed James I stopped, "we WILL talk tomorrow, don't think you'll get out of that." I said looking him straight in the eye. He could tell I was upset and nodded hugging me again and giving me a kiss on the cheek before turning his attention back to Lucy.

*Adam's pov

I parked the car in front of her condo and turned off the engine looking at her. She was quiet the whole way home. "Baby?" I said softly. She looked at me suddenly like she forgot I was there. "You okay?" I asked. She shook her head. I sighed and open the door and walked around opening hers. I held out my hand to her which she took. She got out gracefully and kissing me. "I'm sorry babe, hearing that James made you wait just made me mad. I don't mean to be so..." She trailed off and I kissed her. "I get it," I said and whisked her off her feet. I shut the door and carried her up to the condo and into her room. I put her down and kissed her. Her hands moved to my hair as she pulled me closer. I grinned holding her waist. She pulled off my shirt as we moved to the bed. We kicked off our shoes as we went and I pulled off her dress. She shivered with pleasure and unbuckled my belt and jeans pulling them off. She sat on my lap wrapping her arms around me. "I love you so much Adam" she said softly. "I love you too Ali" I said and pushed her down on the bed curling up with her. She pulled me over her and kissed me deeply. Our underwear finally made it into the pile.

*Ali's pov

"Oh Adam" I moaned. God I loved the feel of his lips on my neck. He grabbed my hips and pulled me towards him hard as he entered. My back arched and he kissed my chest. Our breathing quickened as we moved together. We moaned loudly as we finished together after what left like seconds but was many minutes, much longer than I thought we would last. He collapsed against me, his warm sweaty body against mine. We instantly intertwined ourselves as our breathing returned to normal. He played with my hair, just like he used to when we were kids. I smiled against his chest as we both fell asleep in each others arms.