Chapter 3

Andrea and Taylor had spent the last two days cuddling up on Taylor's sofa and binge watching films in-between baking and arts and craft making. They had talked about everything under the sun, from the recent politics to laughing about Austin bending down to pick something he dropped on the street and splitting his trousers. It was comfortingly familiar like the old times.

What really needed to be addressed had been ignored in favour of making up for lost time. Both women knew the conversation was going to be needed soon, but they were enjoying laughing and gossiping too much to put a dampener on the mood.

However, when Taylor asked for Andrea's opinion on the song she had been slowly writing the past few days, the door to the conversation had been opened wide. The first half of the song had been fully written to Taylor's level of perfection, and she needed her Mom's opinion. If Andrea didn't love it, Taylor rarely put it in an album. Over the years, Andrea had became her trusty first ear. On the rare occasion Taylor had put out a song Andrea wasn't keen on, it was usually one of the fans' least favourite songs on the new album.

With the way Andrea reacted as Taylor song away, she knew the song had to go in her new album. Taylor had kept it together whilst performing for her Mom, but as soon as she saw her crying out the corner of her eye, she broke. The sight of her mother crying was one thing you could guarantee would make Taylor cry. Especially when Andrea was crying from hearing the pain her daughter had/was going through.

"That's chillingly beautiful, Darling" Andrea whispered emotionally, leaning to pull Taylor into a hug.

"Thank you, Mom" Taylor smiled through her own tears. "I think it needs like another Chorus and verse, but it was so therapeutic to write in the worse place possible"