Chapter 8

Travis woke with the heat of an extra body beside him. He looked down, and his eyes melted, seeing Taylor still soundly asleep, curdled up against him. The light peeping through the curtains highlighted her sleeping features stunningly. Without a spot of makeup and untamed hair, Taylor still looked like an angle. An angel that, for once, looked truly at ease. Travis prayed it wasn't the last time he would see wake up to that sight.

After the emotional confessions that yesterday afternoon bought, the pair had spent the rest of the day silently watching films and eating the cake they had baked. It was uncomfortable in the slightest, though. That was the biggest difference both Taylor and Travis noticed. They had just had one of the most magical and emotional moments in either of their lives, but they managed to seamlessly move to snuggles and easy silence. It was like finding home.

Despite yesterday being so heavenly and Taylor fast asleep in his arms, Travis couldn't bury his worry of what would come about once Taylor woke up. Had he blew their chances? Scared her somehow? Would she freak out and run? Travis was a confident man, but he knew a glimpse of how scared she was when it came to trusting others since her last heartbreak. Travis hoped yesterday and the day before was enough to prove to Taylor he would only ever be there for her and cheer her on in every way, but he wasn't sure.

Travis hated the anxiety. Snuggled into him was Taylor Swift, the biggest person in the World currently, and instead of thoroughly enjoying the moment, he Travis was too busy worrying. That worry, deep down, came with a new feeling Travis truly never felt before, and it hit him like a truck. Travis was so scared because he didn't want to lose Taylor. For the first time, Travis knew what his older brother felt when his now wife walked through the door. Travis was feeling the fireworks. The instant love.

Love.

Travis had fallen completely in love with Taylor.

"Oh shit" Travis thought to himself. He couldn't fall in love with Taylor, despite the past few weeks. She was in the middle of a world tour.

Shooting his shot could end up with him shooting himself in the foot. To make things worse, Travis had to get up in an hour and go to practice like nothing was different. Like his whole world hadn't just flipped.

A little yawn from beside him pulled Travis out his trance. Looking down to his right, he saw Taylor's sleepy eyes starting to flutter open. As the sunlight hit her eyes, she moaned and buried her head deeper into Travis's side. Travis bit his lip with a little smile at Taylor's antics, storing it carefully in his mind.

"Morning" Travis quietly spoke, running his hand up down Taylor's back.

"You're a very comfy pillow" Taylor jokingly yawned, her eyes struggling to stay open.

"You're a little hot water bottle" Travis countered lovingly, truly struck by the heat radiating off the blonde.

"You should have pushed me off you if were too hot, I'm so sorry" Taylor seemed worried and was clearly panicking, suddenly more awake.

"I wasn't having a go at you" Travis was quick to reasure Taylor, he could see the stress in her groggy eyes. "I like that you're a little personal hot water bottle"

"Really?" Taylor scrunched her face.

"Yeh" Travis hummed. "So please relax again"

"Sorry" Taylor huffed, it really wasn't how she wanted the morning to start off. Her getting all defensive and stressed was the last thing she wanted after how perfect the last two days were.

"Don't apologise" Travis insisted, pressing his lips to her fourhead.

"Okay" Taylor accepted that she genuinely had nothing to be sorry for, that Travis really meant it. "How are you this morning?"