12

The night gradually pursued its stay, partygoers dancing to the blasting music, accepting rounds of "punch," and making out in corners where their privacy was almost guaranteed. As the gathering mercilessly swept individuals off their feet, leading them to distant lands only strangers were fully aware of, a unique set of teenagers sat bewildered at a bonfire.

"That's quite the reveal, isn't it?" Tengen exclaimed with a blatant charm. "Coming out over a simple bonfire game. I'd say it's rather flamboyant."

"I'm gonna have to agree!" Rengoku boomed, unable to perceive the lengths of his volume through his gradually dying ears. "You inspire me, young Tokito!"

Muichiro slowly nodded, a subtle gulp ensuing after the action as his stomach inevitably sank. His breaths grew heavy, uneasy even, in the presence of all the pupils gazing upon him. He shook his head, lowering his hands as he was no longer looking forward to the bonfire game. Even then, with the company of the plethora of familiar faces, he found it hard to deal with his honest truth. He couldn't go on.

"I... I think I'm gonna go."

As Muichiro gently removed himself from the lawn chair, Genya was quick to stand up himself. Instinctively, he gently grasped Muichiro's wrist, halting him in his stance.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked, his eyes conveying a look of depth as Muichiro stared back at them.

Muichiro shook his head, ensuing a huff he was desperate to keep in. At this point, he couldn't keep anything in; not even the one secret he swore to lock in its safe until the day he died.

"Genya... please," he closed his eyes, forcefully escaping Genya's eager hold. "Just let me think."

With that, Muichiro made his way for the backdoor, the interior of the abode calling out to him as he journeyed. The journey wouldn't be long, but undoubtedly painful to experience considering the eyes that perceived it. Especially Genya's, his always wandering pupils no longer wandering the moment he noticed Muichiro insistent on departing.

It was pretty easy for Muichiro to encounter his comfort zone on that beanbag in the living room. In spite of the deafening shebang taking place inside, away from the bonfire, he still managed to find tranquility in the sanctuary of his playlist. As the music in his eardrums pursued, he proceeded to scroll through Instagram, allowing the distant lives to impress him.

However, his semblance of peace wouldn't last for long in the tight corner of the living room that was his temporary home. Just as his eyes began to close, an unfamiliar silhouette approached him.

"Feeling down?" The unknown individual asked, crouching right beside Muichiro, uninvited.

Alarmed, Muichiro jolted in response to the sudden sound of a social encounter. The party was loud, speakers booming obnoxiously from every corner of the room. He didn't know if he wanted to remove his earphones just yet. However, considering there wasn't much reason to ignore the compliant figure, Muichiro removed them anyway.

"This oughta cheer you up," In the peculiar partygoers' hand was a purple vape containing all kinds of chemicals Muichiro wouldn't even begin to understand.

It called out to him, singing a song that wasn't worth listening to. However, as Muichiro began to recall the prior events of the night, he came to realize that there was no other choice for him. He had to forget it. All of it. Even if the process wasn't natural. With his brother now aware of his dirty little secret, he wasn’t sure how much longer he could withstand the mounting pressure. The final option was officially settled.

"Okay."

In the vibrant living room, Muichiro sat slumped on the edge of the beanbag, his mind heavy with the weight of his recent revelation. His hands trembled slightly as he reached for the sleek vape pen above the guys palm. He felt raw and exposed, the aftermath of the bonfire leaving a sense of guilt in him.