7

"You look good," I smile to Harry, his button up on and his dress pants loose on his legs. He cleans up well.

"Thanks. You look beautiful. As always. You always look beautiful," he rushes, my lips unable to falter from a smile. My hands grab his and I walk out of the house, locking it behind me.

"Do you know anyone going besides your family and me?" I ask, his hand holding mine.

"There is a family I've met. They have a girl my age," he explains, my head nodding.

"Is she nice?" I ask, trying to get a feel for the people I'll be eating dinner with.

"She doesn't like me. Or...how I act. The dad always asks me questions and the mum ignores me. I've heard her say that I'm retarded," he explains, my eyebrows frowning.

"That's not nice. She doesn't know you," I say, holding his hand tightly.

"I know. But I usually freak out and my mum takes me home," he says, my eyes peering up at him.

"I'll be that person today. I'm not leaving your side," I tell him, his lips curving.

We get into Anne's car and she drives us down to the country club, Harry already looking nervous.

"Alright. Let's go," Anne smiles, Harry helping me out of the car.

I see behind him a girl and man pull into the parking lot in a Mustang, my eyebrows frowning.

"That's the daughter," he tells me, my head nodding. I stand with him for a minute, reassuring him that I'll hold his hand. He flickers his gaze to the girl and I look, noticing the man squeezing her bottom before they walk inside.

"Is that normal? For relationships?" Harry asks, my lips frowning.

"For perverts," I tell him, his hands still holding mine.

"You've never touched a girl's booty?" I tease, kissing his cheek.

"No. No booties," he says, my lips releasing a laugh.

He wraps his arm around my waist as we walk in, his hand softly gripping my waist.

"Harry," Anne smiles, the two of us walking over.

"This is Rosalie," he says, my lips curving as I wave.

"It's so nice to finally meet you," a man says, introducing himself as Robin, Harry's stepfather.

"You too," I grin, Harry pulling my chair out for me. I thank him and I see the girl's eyes fill with an emotion, my lips only curving out of politeness.

"So, Harry, have you found a job yet?" the man asks, my hand immediately grabbing Harry's.

"No, Todd," Robin says for him, my eyes hearing snickering. The boy the girl came in with has a smirk on his face and I raise an eyebrow.

"Something funny?" I ask, Harry's head shooting my direction while my attention is dead set on this arrogant boy.

"Oh, no. I'm just amused at this...man," he says, my hand tightening around Harry's.

"And what would be so amusing?" I test, his face turning into an expression of no emotions.

"I've heard about him. He's retarded," he says, my body standing up but Harry pulls me down.

"You weren't supposed to say that," the girl whispers, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Damn right he wasn't," I state, Anne looking almost proud.

"Don't speak that way at the table," Todd says, my lips pursing before I stay silent.

Harry leans towards me and I move closer to him. "Thank you."