9

H.S.

"I hate that I don't know how to make them happy," Rosalie whispers, her head lying on my stomach as she looks at the ceiling. My hand is tangled in her hair, attempting to make her as calm as she makes me.
"They have the nerve to come here and yell at your mother, demanding I come home, when they're never here," she says, my hand grabbing hers.

"You're old enough to say no," I remind her, her and I the same age. I just need to be with someone I know - the reason I don't live on my own.

"Yes I am. Trust me, I like being here with you more than them, any day," she says, moving her body up. Her blonde locks fall around us and she leans her arms onto the bed beside my head. I pull her onto me, enjoying having her in my arms.

Our movie theater date was the most unexpected, surprising, and nerve-wracking experience. I had no idea that we would be kissing the entire time, nor know she would let me...feel her. Luckily we were alone in the theater and I was able to spend the first alone time in a while without the worry my mum would walk in. Half the time we were talking, her lips fluttering against mine as we spoke in a close proximity. I put my trust in her and I felt comfortable, despite being in public.

"I have to work tomorrow," she says, my hands folding and setting on the small of her back.

"When?" I ask, her eyes locked on mine. I like how we're not afraid to look in each other's eyes. She's not nervous by the way I stare; it's the only way I focus and give all my attention.

"Dinner, so I get you all morning," she grins, poking my nose lightly.

I smile and she rolls off me, my body turning to face hers. My arm wraps around her and I pull her close, not liking to let her go. Not since I've grown so attached to her. Talking to her is so easy and I'm beginning to get the hang of giving and receiving affection, but I'm still horrendous at kissing. I'm not very good.

"Goodnight, Harry," she whispers, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. It leaves my body warm and I rest my head on top of hers.

"Goodnight, Rosalie. Sweet dreams," I whisper, holding her close to my body as she falls asleep. I fall asleep shortly after her.

My body jolts up, feeling cold from a nightmare that has taken over my mind. The flashbacks run through me and I pant, feeling panic arise through me. But two arms wrap around me from behind, holding me as I find myself slowing my breathing back to normal.

"It's okay," Rosalie whispers, pressing her soft lips to my shoulder. She pays attention to every need I have and aids me effortlessly and selflessly. I've never had this before and I don't want it to go away.

"Are you okay? Do you need to talk?" she asks, my body easing into her touch.

"I need you to stay like this," I whisper, needing to distract myself of the memories.

Her hands rest on my chest and I hold my hands over them, her head resting on my back. I've never been one to be into dominance or in control of a situation. I like to be held; comforted. That's why I'm presumed as weak. But I'd gladly step in the way of danger if it means keeping Rosalie safe. She needs to be safe before any of my needs.

"Your skin is burning," she whispers, rubbing her thumb against the top of my left pectoral.

"I'm sorry," I rush, her lips pressing against my spine. I relax into her once again.

"It's okay. Just calm down. I got you," she whispers, sending shivers through me as her lips press to my skin.

"I-I feel cold," I tell her, her arms tighten before she maneuvers to pull me down.