18

H.S.

I jolt up, panting from the nightmare. My eyebrows frown when I see Rosalie is not there, but instead an envelope and the baby monitor.

I scramble to open the letter and my eyes widen, nervous and slightly scared.

Harry, I know you must be scared and nervous, but take deep breaths. I'm just at Nan's, helping her move into the condo. Please, relax and everything written here will help you with the baby.

There are instructions and I take a deep breath, my hands pushing the covers off me. I walk into the kitchen and start making a bottle, eating a banana as I do so. I hear her cry and I read the letter, setting it down before I walk into her bedroom.

Her little body squirms in the crib and I slowly lift her up, not ever holding her without Rosalie. I'm nervous and I bring her into my arms, cradling her. Gently, I move her up and down, like Rosalie said, and she stops crying enough for me to give her the bottle.

"Elizabeth," I whisper, her hand tight on my hair as she eats from the bottle.

Rosalie calls her Liza, but I don't. Nicknames aren't my thing but looking at her, I usually think she looks like Rosalie. At anything, I call her little Rose.

She lets go and I move to the couch, sitting with her in my arms. My thumb slowly brushes her hair and her eyes flutter, big green eyes looking up at me.

The bottle is finished and I move her onto my forearms, lifting her and looking at her. She touches my face and I smile, her fingers so small. I kiss her cheek and lay her back in my arms, my body leaning in the couch as I hold her. She falls asleep and I keep her close, her fingers gripping my shirt lightly.

My hands hold her bottom and the back of her head, my eyes looking at her closely. She's almost a month old, so small beside me. I am pretty tall compared to those around me so the little baby is new to me. Never have I held a baby before. This baby is the cutest thing I've ever seen but I'm so afraid I'll do something wrong.

Elizabeth stays on me majority of the day, sleeping soundly while I carry her. I'm afraid if I put her down, she'll cry and I hate it when she cries. Rosalie usually holds her to stop the crying and it goes away quickly, my eyes only watching.

I lift Elizabeth into my arms and smile, her eyes looking at me. I kiss her cheek and she smiles, my eyes adoring the sight. I change her diaper with the directions from Rosalie, Elizabeth lifted into my arms again after.

My body sits on the couch and I watch TV, waiting for Rosalie to come home. When she comes home, she closes the door and walks to me.

"How did you handle it?" she asks, wrapping her arm around me shoulders and leaning towards me.

"Okay. I was nervous," I say, her lips pressing to my cheek.

"You fed her?" I nod. "Three times?" I nod.

"Thank you so much," she whispers, my lips curving.

Rosalie takes Elizabeth into her arms and the little girl grabs her cheek, smiling up at her.

"Such a beautiful little girl," she smiles, kissing Elizabeth's cheek.

Rosalie lays her in her arms and grabs my hand, smiling up at me.

"I love you," she smiles, my lips pressing to hers.

"I love you too," I whisper, kissing her again. All the nerves are gone and I completely relax, adoring my girls.

~*~

Little fingers run through my hair, my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around them as my hair is being played with.