4

I walk out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body, walking into my bedroom to retrieve clothes.

"Ro," Nan says, my head turning to her creaking the door open.

"Your friend, Harry, is here," she says, my lips curving. I nod, telling her I'll be out in a minute. Once I grab clothes, I walk into my bathroom and change, brushing through my hair. A knock on my door sounds and I walk over, smiling up at the green eyed boy.

"I thought I was going to go over to your place later," I smile, letting him walk into my room.

"My sister hugged me," he says, the randomness not even fazing me anymore.

He sits on my bed and I stand in front of him, his head tilting to look up at me. His eyes focus on mine and I reach out to him, knowing he's become keen on holding my hand. The warmth that radiates from his own makes me enjoy the gesture as well.

"I don't enjoy...being hugged. It makes me nervous," he says, my head nodding. I understand the touching aspect of hugging, but I would like to know more about why he's nervous and what gave him anxiety.

"Is it just with your sister or everyone?" I ask, moving to sit beside him.

"Everyone," he states, seriousness in his features.

I take notice to the bruise forming on his cheek, my hand moving the run my fingers over the mark gently. It's a careful touch, not to make him scared. He turns his head, looking at me as I view the mark.

"Is this feeling better?" I ask, his head nodding.

"It's sore."

My lips press together and he looks at me, my finger rolling over the scabbing skin on his lip. He tenses and I retract my touch, looking back into his eyes.

"You're on your way to healing," I smile, his head nodding.

"What do you want to do?" I ask, his hand staying around mine tightly.

"Can we go on the roof?" he asks, my head nodding.

I stand and he does too, my hand holding his as we walk to my balcony. Once I climb up, he follows and I lay down. He does as well, hesitantly, and he grabs my hand again.

"What's Joe said to you?" I wonder, his lips releasing a sigh.

"I go to the gym with a friend of mine, Louis. We're in a similar situation but he has seizures. We get picked on a lot but I ignore it. I hate it; being defenseless. But today...I wanted to do something for myself. I should have fought back," he says, his chest beginning to move erratically.

I shake my head, moving to focus on him. His eyes meet mine and I tighten my fingers around his, holding them close to me.

"What you did showed me how strong you are. You took a hit for me and no one has ever done that before. You were valiant and I couldn't be more thankful," I tell him, his breathing calming down.

His hand moves ours to set on his chest, the tight muscle beneath leaving me a strong impression.

"Your eyes are really pretty in the sun," he tells me, my lips curving.

"Your eyes are very bright," I say back, his other hand coming up. He moves his finger over my cheek and I watch him closely, his eyes settling an intense gaze on me.

"You look like an angel," he whispers, my eyes flickering to his. He's distracted, looking at my lips and breathing calmly.

"Unreal," he continues, my heart leaping out of my chest. No one has ever spoken words to me like this. He has a beautiful soul. A soul overlooked by so many who don't give him a chance.