~Ch:41~

˚ ༘ ೀ🍡⋆。˚

With a face like that and a body like that, Hwang Hyunjin wasn’t used to being ignored. And, especially not by alphas.

He’d been standing in front of the convenience store clerk for about a minute now, holding his items as he waited for the baby alpha to notice him.

And, sure, Hyunjin had heard rumors about the baby alpha who worked at the 7/11. But those were more along the lines of “if you’re a hot omega, stand in front of the freezer until your nipples get hard to get free stuff”.

Not…this.

No matter how hard Hyunjin huffed and puffed, he couldn’t seem to blow down the metaphorical wall between them. The metaphorical wall being a porn magazine with two alphas kissing on the front that the baby alpha looked engrossed in.

“I really hate to interrupt you- .” Hyunjin finally spoke up and the baby alpha shot up from behind the counter, scrambling to hide the magazine from view. “ -but I have places to be.”

“I wasn’t reading this!” The baby alpha was quick to defend himself as he pulled on his apron, arms getting caught in the wrong holes with how flustered he was. “I was just doing research I swear- !”

Hyunjin held up his hand and effortlessly silenced the baby alpha.

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore.” He announced in the casual cool way that goddess level omegas like him could speak.

Something inside the baby alpha seemed to wake up at that, like a sleeper agent.

“Hey!” He pointed at Hyunjin, realization dawning in his eyes. “I know you!”

Hyunjin nodded sagely.

“Most alphas do.”

The baby alpha held out a hand and Hyunjin eyed it suspiciously.

“You’re Hwang Hyunjin!” He said with a smirk, fingers wiggling in anticipation as if doing black magic to try and get Hyunjin to shake his hand. “The name’s Riki.”

“Ok…” Hyunjin said slowly, trying to understand why he should care. “Sorry, have I spoken to you before?”

“Oh I’ve talked to you, but you weren’t talking to me.” Riki said and that was enough. Hyunjin was too hot to deal with this kind of weirdness.

“Okay- if you’re not going to do your job, can you at least hand me the scanner?” Hyunjin suggested and Riki’s smile just grew as if the omega was joking.

“Beautiful and self-sufficient? Jake hyung really hit the jackpot with you.”

Now that made something click in Hyunjin’s head.

“How do you know Jakey?” Hyunjin tilted his head to the side. “Are you another one of his weird friends?”

“Eh.” Riki shrugged. “That’s half true.”

And then, he effortlessly transitioned the hand that had gone untouched by Hyunjin to a pair of fingers curling and gesturing for the omega to come closer.

“Streets are saying that there’s a reason why your ‘Jakey’ wasn’t answering your calls last night.” Riki said and made Hyunjin pause in suspicion.

“How do you know that- ?”

“Why don’t you come closer and you can find out.” Riki suggested, leaning on his elbows over the counter and smiling enticingly at Hyunjin.

Against his better judgment, Hyunjin shrugged and allowed Riki to begin whispering in his ear.

─•────