CHAPTER 3- THE MASKED BALL

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" Aradia said in the breeze of the afternoon, when someone approached her and touched her hand gently.

"I know that Lumar gives you a strange and scary feeling, but you're a princess, you need to be fearless!" Gwen said, standing beside her little sister.

"It's easy for you, Gwen...you're the oldest child, the heir of the throne...you trained all your life for being how you are now...I didn't! I trained just for being good looking in front of the people, for liking me and for not being scared!" Aradia spoke, her eyes meeting Gwen's dark blue eyes

"I'm just a useless princess who can barely go out from the castle, because of what she can do, if she's not controlling her emotions..."

"Ara, that's not the truth...you have more potential than everyone from here, even me! Everything is gonna be alright, how you said, you trained all this years for it, you're more capable than you think!" Gwen said while taking her sister's hand and giving her a bracelet made of stardust

"If you feel too overwhelmed, touch this and I'll come immediately!"

"I'm so lucky to have a sister like you!" Aradia said before hugging tightly her sister, like she would never see her ever again.

                                                                                           *

The royal family got into the carriage and set off! Even if Aradia had heard all her life that Lumar was an awful kingdom, who got power by the darkness and death, she couldn't help but to be deeply fascinated...The moon rushing above them grew bigger and bigger the closer they got to the palace. The shadows of the darkness seemed as if they were guiding them to the appointed place and the air was so fresh and cool that it gave Aradia goosebumps!

When they arrived, all of Aradia's thoughts about not being so scared vanished in just one second.

The castle was looking terrifying, without any light that could bring it to life...everything was dead and lifeless, which caused an emptiness in Aradia's stomach!

"I can do this!" She muttered to herself

After they stepped out of the carriage, the main doors wide opened and the shadows guided them to the main room, where was hosting the masked ball.

Everyone was dressed in a tiny dark gown, which barely covered all the parts it needed to, but no one had any reaction, like it was a normal day for them, like those gowns were nothing new for them!

While analyzing the room, Aradia noticed someone, who was looking too intensely at her and at the shoulders that the gown leaves bare, through his red mask, which shown all his facial features! His blond hair had fallen over his eyes, but with a quick movement, he threw it back, showing his emerald green eyes, which were fixed on her, full of brilliance and a burning desire!

After she noticed the royal coat and that her family distanced themselves to speak with one of the consuls of Lumar, she went with slow and gentle steps towards him!

Sophia had found the location of the book, where it had shown that it was in the library of Lumar's castle, but not where exactly the library was and for this information, she needed someone from the inside!