12

New Year’s Eve was just around the corner and the energy in Jake and Sunghoon’s apartment was electric. It had been decided without much protest from Jake and Sunghoon, that their place would be the venue for the end-of-the-year celebration.
Their apartment was large, the kind you’d expect to see on a TV show about ridiculously good looking people in their early twenties living in a space way too nice for their supposed incomes but the reality was simpler, Sunghoon’s modeling gigs and the money Jake got seperately from his parents, brother and grandma each month combined to give them the funds to afford this place, and they loved filling it with their friends.

The decorations in the apartment were a step above your typical party, Jake and Sunghoon had spent the day hanging streamers in shades of gold and silver, with strings of fairy lights twinkling from every available surface. A massive “Happy New Year” banner stretched across the living room wall, and there were metallic balloons in the shape of “2024” floating around the room. In a moment of Pinterest inspired creativity, Sunghoon had set up a photo booth in the corner, complete with props like oversized glasses, feather boas and sparkly hats.

The crown jewel of the decorations, though, was the strategically placed mistletoe, hanging innocently in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen. Jake had insisted on it, much to Sunghoon’s amusement. “It’s tradition!” Jake had argued, to which Sunghoon had just laughed and rolled his eyes, knowing full well how many kisses that little sprig of greenery would prompt throughout the night.

By the time everyone arrived, the apartment was already filled with the sounds of laughter and chatter. Jake’s friends Minjeong and Jimin, who had been dating for four months, were the first to arrive, bringing with them Aeri and Yizhuo. The girls immediately made themselves at home, Minjeong and Jimin slipping into the kitchen to help set up snacks while Aeri and Yizhuo checked out the photo booth.

Sunghoon’s friend group was next, and as expected, they made an entrance. Heeseung, Jungwon, Sunoo, Jay, and Ni-ki were a wave of noise and energy, their voices carrying through the apartment before they even made it through the door.

“Party’s here!” Sunoo shouted as they all piled in, each of them carrying bags filled with drinks, snacks, and a random assortment of board games they’d picked up along the way.

Jake greeted them with a grin, already holding a glass of champagne. “Finally! we were starting to think you guys got lost”

Jay smirked, shrugging off his coat. “Please, you’d be lost without us this place needs some hype energy, and we’ve arrived to deliver”

The girls, who were just as loud as the boys, quickly got into the spirit of things, and soon the apartment was a riot of laughter, clinking glasses, and playful banter. The whole space buzzed with that unique kind of excitement that only comes from knowing you’re about to step into a new year with some of your favorite people by your side.

As the night went on, the group migrated to the living room, where the drinks started flowing more freely. They’d started off with a bit of wine and champagne, but it wasn’t long before someone probably Ni-ki suggested breaking out the harder stuff. The first round of shots was met with whoops of excitement, and after that, all bets were off.

Let's forget Ni-Ki is a teenager for a while 

“I’ll take another!” Jungwon called out, holding up his shot glass as Jake poured tequila like a seasoned bartender. His cheeks were already pink from the alcohol, and he had the kind of smile that suggested he was just tipsy enough to think everything was hilarious.

Jay, standing next to him, grinned and leaned closer, their shoulders brushing. “Careful, Jungwon you’re starting to look a little too happy over there should I be worried?”