16

The weekend at the beach was everything the group needed and more. After their first night of drunken truth or dare and heartfelt serenades, the rest of the trip unfolded like a dream, filled with laughter, good food and the kind of moments that stick with you long after they’re over.

On Saturday morning, the group woke up to the sound of waves crashing outside their windows. The sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the beach house. Sunghoon was the first to stir, blinking sleepily as he found himself still wrapped in Jake’s arms. For a moment, he just lay there, content to listen to the rhythmic sound of Jake’s breathing and the distant roar of the ocean.

“Morning” Jake murmured, his voice thick with sleep as he nuzzled closer to Sunghoon, his arms tightening around him.

Sunghoon smiled, his heart swelling with warmth as he turned to face Jake. “Morning did you sleep well?”

“best sleep I’ve had in ages,” Jake replied brushing a strand of hair out of Sunghoon’s eyes. “being with you tends to do that.”

Sunghoon chuckled softly, leaning in to press a kiss to Jake’s lips. “you’re such a sap”

“only for you” Jake shot back with a grin, his eyes crinkling at the corners in that way that always made Sunghoon’s heart skip a beat.

They eventually pulled themselves out of bed, heading to the kitchen where they found Jungwon and Jay already up, their hair messy and their clothes rumpled, but both of them in high spirits.

“You two are early” Sunghoon remarked, surprised to find them not only awake but also attempting to make pancakes.

“Well, someone,” Jay said, nudging Jungwon with his elbow, “decided we needed a full breakfast to fuel our adventures today.”

Jungwon shrugged, flipping a pancake with more confidence than skill. “what can I say? I’ve got a thing for pancakes.”

“Clearly” Sunghoon teased, grabbing a mug from the cabinet and pouring himself a cup of coffee. He passed one to Jake before sitting at the counter, watching as Jungwon expertly flipped another pancake.

As the smell of pancakes filled the house, the others began to trickle into the kitchen, drawn by the promise of food and caffeine. Minjeong and Jimin were the next to join, looking cozy in oversized hoodies as they shuffled in, holding hands and yawning.

“Pancakes?” Minjeong asked, perking up as she spotted the stack growing on the counter. “owner Jay and Chef Won really spoiling us”

“We aim to please,” Jungwon said with a wink, handing her a plate.

Heeseung and Ni-ki showed up last, looking like they’d both just rolled out of bed, which they probably had. Sunoo wasn’t far behind, his hair sticking up in every direction as he made a beeline for the coffee pot.

“Morning, sleepyheads” Sunghoon greeted, earning a grunt from Ni-ki and a sleepy wave from Heeseung.

“Did someone say pancakes?” Heeseung mumbled, rubbing his eyes as he took a seat next to Sunghoon.

“Already on it” Jay said, sliding a plate toward Heeseung before pouring syrup over the stack with a flourish.

The group settled into a comfortable rhythm as they ate, sharing stories and planning out the day’s activities. The atmosphere was light, filled with the kind of easy banter that comes from years of friendship.

“After breakfast, we should definitely hit up that market we saw on the way in” Jimin suggested, her eyes bright with excitement. “I heard they have amazing street food”