Chapter 11: Burned Up

SENSITIVE CONTENT TRIGGER WARNING:

There will be violence, cutting, threatening, cussing, sexual objectification, some blood, and brief dismemberment mentioned in this chapter. I suggest you to skip this chapter if this sensitive and graphic content triggers you. Please read with care. Thank you!

~*~

I bet you didn't know
You started up a chain reaction
I saw no intention on your face
It must have been some kind of chemical attraction
I felt a spark
Left a mark I can't erase

It's like oh, oh
Something like a bolt of lightning
Oh, oh
Is going on inside

Cause I'm burning up it ain't no joke
And all my cells are going rogue
Caught up in a blaze with no way out
And as my self-control goes up in smoke
One more hit I get so stoked that I
I'm glowing in the dark
You lit a fire in my heart
(Fire in my heart)
You lit a fire in my heart
(Fire in my heart)

It was kicking that beat
Steady in my body (my body)
Until you pumped it up with gasoline
Struck a match and just like that you got me
Now I'm the brightest firework you've ever seen

It's like oh, oh
No, there's no need to run for water
Oh, oh
Don't ever put me out

"Fire In My Heart" - Simple Plan

(look above to listen to the song video^^^)

________________________________________

Alexander's POV

I took off from my dad's house without an explanation of where I was going. I didn't know where I was going but I knew who I was going to. Alice. Her bloodcurdling scream I heard from thee other line that felt like a thousand electric bolts going off inside my chest. It sent shockwaves throughout my body.

I ran as fast as I could like I never ran before. I tried to focus on her voice to see if I can follow the echo of her voice. It sounded weak and like it got cut off almost immediately.

I switched to focusing on her scent. It was the strongest human sense I can detect from her because of how familiar I already was around her plus her scent is unlike anything I've ever smelled before.

So, I followed that sweet flowery scent of hers and already, I feel like I'm being surrounded by a field of flowers, specifically roselilies. Each step I took forward, it felt like I was getting closer and closer to that imaginary flower field.

I wanted nothing more but to just find her and pull her into my arms so I can be completely taken over by that beautiful sweet scent of hers.

The scent was growing stronger through my nostrils that I felt it all around my body. I sped even faster because I don't want to waste another second that I could get to her.

I am fueled by anger. Angry at myself for making her vulnerable of my ego and selfishness that now led to my anger for Damien for taking advantage of her humanity to serve his sick, twisted games to one-up me.

This is all my fault, and I hate myself for it. How could I ever be so stupid and selfish?! I let myself be blinded by my own ego and entitlement. I didn't see this coming and now, it's come over me with this dangerous situation I put her under.

I am also fueled by a strong pull towards her. As angry as I feel, I just want to be next to her. I feel insane without her and maybe I am...crazy for her. I sprint faster the closer I sense her scent and then...I immediately stop my tracks.