Chapter Four- Caught

Two minutes after walking through the school doors, ready to start the day, Leon ran into someone. Literally. The books the person was carrying spilled onto the floor. Immediately crouching to help pick up the books, he didn't see the person's face. "Sorry," He muttered. 

Both of their hands were on the floor scooping up the textbooks when all of a sudden the other person froze. "Hey, aren't you the guy who was watching me yesterday?" And Leon looked up to see none other than Jessie Junker. "I-uh-" He turned around to make a speedy exit when she grabbed his arm. "Not so fast." She dragged him into an empty classroom and blocked the door, arms crossed.

"Who are you?" She questioned.

"I-"

"And were you watching me yesterday?"

"Well not-"

"How did you disappear like that?"

"I'm n-"

"Where are your shoes?"

"U-"

"When did I get like this?" She said to herself.

"Um.. did you want me to answer that?"

"What? No, not the last one." She shook her head, "Now, tell me why you were watching me." She glared into his eyes. 'Wow, her eyes... They're beautiful... Ack, Leon! Focus!'

"I was- um... going for a walk... in the forest... and- I- um, I... er... saw you?" He replied, hoping she wouldn't pry for a better answer.

"But... how did you disappear so quickly? And your shoes..." She gasped. "Wait! Are you in the Shaman tribe in the jungle?" 

He smiled weakly, "How did you know?"

"You want me to answer that?" She grinned, using his own words. 

"Oh, uh, sure." He said, curious.

Looking excited, Jessie explained, "Well, first of all, I learnt that there was a tribe in the jungle who believed in Shamanism, so, if someone was walking in the jungle, barefoot, miles out of town, they would have to coming from the jungle. The second point to that was you didn't look winded or anything so you couldn't have come from town. Third, you're wearing an animal themed hoodie. And fourth, it's rumored that most people have powers based off of their animal, and you're wearing a chameleon hoodie, and chameleons can camoflage themselves, so that's how you would have escaped so fast without me seeing where you were going." 

'She's smart.'

She blushed slightly, "Thank you."

'Did I say that aloud?"

Jessie laughed, "Yep."

Leon rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "You know, we should go to class." 

"Oh yeah!" She said, stepping out of the room, "Sorry about that." 

It finally hit him that he was talking to someone. Having an actual conversation. With a girl nonetheless. Blushing, he stuttered, "Oh, um- well, it... happens. Y-you'r- you're fine."

Looking amused, she waved and headed off to her class, her pigtails bouncing against her back as she walked. Leaving Leon standing still, unsure about what just went down.

Who knew all it took to get someone to talk to you was to get caught spying on them?

What was even more surprising, was that in one of the classes they had together, she smiled at him.

(Time skip to lunch)

Fifteen minutes standing in line later,

"What would you like darling?" The lunch lady asked him.