Unknown

The morning sun peeked through the curtains, casting a warm glow across Chan's bedroom. He lay in bed, staring at the ceiling as the events of the previous night replayed in his mind. His father's anger, his sister's worry, and the unexpected encounter with Felix—it all weighed heavily on him. But there was also the new friendship with Seungmin, which had given him a sliver of hope amidst the chaos.

He glanced at his phone, the message from Felix still sitting there, unanswered. Part of him wanted to ignore it, but he knew that wasn't an option. Felix was someone he couldn't afford to ignore—not if he wanted to survive at JYP High. With a sigh, Chan got out of bed and began to get ready for the day ahead.

By the time he stepped out of his apartment, the fresh morning air was a welcome change from the suffocating atmosphere at home. As he made his way downstairs, he spotted Seungmin waiting for him in the lobby, a friendly smile on his face.

"Morning, Chan!" Seungmin greeted him cheerfully. "Ready for another day?"

"Yeah, as ready as I'll ever be," Chan replied with a smile, feeling a bit lighter now that he was out of the house. "Thanks for waiting."

"No problem," Seungmin said, falling into step beside him as they walked toward the school. "So, anything interesting happen after we parted ways last night?"

Chan hesitated for a moment, debating whether to mention Felix's message. But Seungmin was quickly becoming a friend he could trust, so he decided to be honest. "Actually, Felix texted me last night."

Seungmin raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised. "Felix? What did he say?"

"He just reminded me that we're supposed to meet at the library after school today," Chan explained. "He didn't seem too happy about it."

"Felix isn't happy about a lot of things," Seungmin said with a chuckle. "But if he reached out to you, that means he's taking the project seriously—at least, in his own way."

Chan nodded, still unsure of how to feel about the whole situation. "I guess so. I just hope it goes smoothly."

"Don't worry too much about it," Seungmin advised. "Just be yourself, and don't let Felix intimidate you. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll be fine."

Chan appreciated the encouragement, even if he wasn't entirely convinced. They continued their walk, the school coming into view as the morning sun climbed higher in the sky.

As they entered the bustling cafeteria, the aroma of breakfast filled the air—eggs, rice, kimchi, and other dishes laid out in a buffet-style spread. Chan followed Seungmin to the food line, grabbing a tray as they chatted about their upcoming classes.

"You should sit with us today," Seungmin suggested as they filled their trays. "Changbin and Jisung are usually around, and it'll be good to get to know more people."

"Sounds good," Chan agreed, grateful for the invitation. "I'd like that."

They made their way to a table near the windows, where Changbin and Jisung were already seated. The two boys greeted Chan with wide smiles, welcoming him into their group as if he'd always been a part of it.

"Yo, Chan! How was your first day?" Changbin asked, shoveling a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"It was... interesting," Chan replied, choosing his words carefully. "A lot to take in, but you guys made it easier."

"That's what we're here for," Jisung said with a grin. "Stick with us, and you'll be just fine."

As they ate, the conversation flowed easily, with the boys filling Chan in on the various happenings at school. They joked and laughed, the camaraderie between them growing stronger with each passing minute. For the first time in a long while, Chan felt a sense of belonging—like he was part of something, instead of just an outsider looking in.