15B

The cold wasn't too bad but the silence grew unbearable somewhere a little past 3AM. I don't wanna sleep yet, it's still earlyyy. His phone screen illuminated the stone-blue room just enough to see its edges and the sleeping shape of Kota somewhere next to him. Hey Hal, you could just pounce on him at any moment~ Sink your teeth in and transfur him and he'd be sooo helpless and there's nothing he could do to stop you! Noo, bad puppy, don't think that. Maybe you just need some attention from somewhere else, if he won't give you any yet. Time for some fresh air, I think. Sleep well Kota, haha.

He bounded over to the entrance, where the big horizontal metal door protected the safety basement. He pawed at it for a few seconds before realising that there was a big green button to open it. Ooh shinyyy. Maybe I should get my fur dyed green sometime! That would be cuuute.

Old mechanisms creaked into motion and the barrier slid itself away. Halley crawled out onto the street, letting the door close behind him, locking back into place with a satisfying click. I don't get why everyone here has one of these, are they really that afraid of zombies? Haha. Now, where are the fluffyboys? He peered around the half-lit streets of rigid concrete. No fluffyboys. No zombies either though. Oh hey, I got a message!

RAIN began messaging HALLEY at 03:12.

RAIN: Hey, i can't talk now, i think people are going through my messages

RAIN: Don't tell me where you are, and actually, like, don't say anything to me yet

RAIN: i'm ok, see you later puppy, i promise

RAIN: And i'm sorry

Awrrrr I miss him already! I wanna give him attention and cuddles and I want him to fuck me relentlessly all morning~ That would be nice. Murrrrrrr. At least he's okayyyy.

Halley flicked to the "Explore" tab of Nighthouse and fiddled with some search parameters, like he had many times before.

Hmmm, how about this? Among others, the app had recommended to him a fearsome cat thing.

HALLEY began messaging SOREN at 03:25.

HALLEY: heyyy there :3

SOREN: Hiiiii its a puppy :D

SOREN: Wuz up tonight?

HALLEY: its been crazy stressful, and now im lonely and need attention...

SOREN: O really now

SOREN: I guess I can help with that mrrraauwrrr >:3 Get yourself to the Shellen building.

HALLEY: wheres that owo

SOREN: O well Ill meet you at Central Park I guess.

He turned to the South where the sky was the brightest and the pointy spires of the Pale Bastion were silhouetted against the neon ocean of Arillien's sky. He picked up speed, bounding along the street.

I guess I'm alone now. Nowhere to go back to. Feels good to just kinda exist, no bullshit expectations.

Halley glanced at a timetable. Getting to the city centre would take well over half an hour from here, but it was easy enough to get there and he could probably still get back here before dawn if need be. Going the other direction to the Northern Green Line country and the strange forlorn lands beyond would be a lot more difficult, especially at this hour, but he wasn't going there.

No more messages from Rain. That's ok, I guess he will when he's ready. I got stuff to do!

The journey went by pretty quick. He rested with his head slumped lazily against the plastic windows, staring into space at the swirling pale lights and glowing night sky. Nobody else was nearby so he could sprawl across three seats and get really comfy. It wasn't so bad. I'm freeeee~ This is where I belong, out here, doing whatever the fuck I want.