17

Kaleva got out of the shower – it seemed a lot cleaner and more organised than Rain's. Maybe Rain's thick fluffy coat simply shed a lot more fur than the fennec siblings did. He re-equipped the socks and fetish gear that he had been given in place of real clothing – the socks were decidedly too feminine, and while the pup hood provided some level of psychological comfort, he looked ridiculous in it. At least it keeps my hair out of my eyes. And I don't look like myself anymore. It would be weird if I did.

Even though it's definitely still me, I guess, haha.

He stepped back out into the lounge, where Aly sat in the shiny metal cage, which was open at the front. "Welcome back. Come join me, sparkly boy. You're in for a cool adventure of being a good puppy for your owner, so you better be ready!"

"Uhmm, I guess I can do that." Kaleva shrugged, then dropped down and awkwardly placed himself into the cage next to Aly. He gently wrapped one of the blankets over both of them. The pack house may be reasonably well-heated but the Winter was angry.

Aly gave a yip of appreciation, collar and nametag sparkling, then gently ran one soft front paw down Kota's back and down to his left buttcheek.

Kaleva shivered. "Aaaa. t-That's enough of that, please..."

"Auww, there's no need to live in uttermost fear!", Aly said softly, grabbing onto Kota's bare body with all four of her legs.

"i-I get anxious.", confessed Kaleva. "Being a pet to a big scary fox..." – he almost said "fox demon", but caught himself – "It's so far outside anything that I know and understand. Aren't I a failure?? Like, because it's come to this? Because I've fallen so far?". He shoved his head into the nearest blanket and let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Awr, heyy, it's okay!", Aly responded, resisting the urge to place her paws back onto him. "Just relax, you'll be okayyy, I know it must be weird for you! But like, think of the good side. You get to be comfy and safe here with us, you don't need to worry about anything, it's a shiny life full of good stuff and truly epic adventures!~"

Fuck, she's right. I'm being soo ungrateful for Vex's hospitality. He exhaled hard to recompose, then gently patted Alukari, doing his best to relax while he gently stroked Aly's head and lightly brushed her huge pointy ears. The uncomfortable proximity to the vixen's shiny, smooth fur made him want to get the fuck out, but yet it was also soooo warm and darkly reassuring. But not calming, aaaaaa, he thought, heart bouncing madly. "o-Okay, you're right... Was it hard for you too?", asked Kaleva breathily.

Aly's ears fell for a moment and she stared at a corner away from Kota, deep in thought for several seconds. "No, not really, it was natural for me, like the next big step on whatever journey I'm on in this cool magic world."

Kaleva's thoughtful silence encouraged her to proceed.

Aly began to elaborate. "It was years ago, I wasn't doing well back then, some really bad stuff happened. I thought Vexxie was dead along with all the others and that I was all alone and there was nobody left... so when my big brother came back, all strong and shiny and fearsome, it just felt right to be his pet when he whispered to me the opportunity~ He had a whole pack back then. He's like that, he needs to be the alpha, name carved in the hallowed stars, and have people to look after and fix, and make almighty and awesome. But then, more bad shit happened and now it's just me. I'll always be loyal to my Vexxie, he's been through so much and deserves to be happyy." She rested her sleek muzzle on her front paws and gazed at the floor.

"That... must have been hard.", Kaleva responded slowly, pale face hot, not sure how to respond to that. "I only agreed to this because I'm desperate, honestly."