18A

"i-I think I really upset him...", Kaleva mumbled, the dark rubbery pup hood meaning that it took extra effort to move his jaw. "He's my best friend and I was so mean to him and he's left me on read all night..." He tearfully pressed his face into Vextari's fur, making the hood scrunch up.

"Well, you could've handled it better. Bouts of uncontrollable rage are not befitting of a good obedient cutie pet, are they?", Vex pointed out, gently running one front paw over Kota's back, feeling over his smooth skin. "I think it was fine to intervene, though. I probably would have as well."

Kaleva nodded with shame, then looked up to face his master. Being close to his warm body felt nice. Vex's comfy fur was almost the same colour as his favourite blanket was, back in the Pale Bastion. "I hope he won't hate me, for taking Jace's side over him!"

"He will get over it. Try being all cute and playful to him when we see him on the weekend. You know what he likes by this point.", Vex suggested with a little smirk.

"I guess.", Kaleva responded, pressing himself a bit closer against Vex. "I just kinda... didn't think, and lost control and I shouldn't have..."

"He invaded your other friend's home and threatened him with a weird-looking weapon and then they started fighting.", Vex summarised. "That is scary. Any normal person would not react well to that. There's no need to be hard on yourself."

Kaleva spent a few more seconds to gather together a response. "It wasn't just because it was scary, it's because of... why he was there."

"He was there for his new Wayward Star job, wasn't he? I understand why he took it. It is... hazardous, though, to hunt anyone that Ascher doesn't like. That puts him in danger from targets fighting back and from both Lower and Upper City human authorities too. It's no surprise that he's already getting in trouble." Vex shook his head slightly, staring off in thought and chuckling softly. "I'm sure he accepts all of that, though. He loves taking risks! He's always been like that."

"It just seems, kind of... disturbing? Trying to transfur people against their will? I've always been terrified by it, a-and you already understand why, but like... you guys think it's some cute sweet thing, don't you?", Kaleva rambled, letting the words kind of get everywhere, feeling a twinge of anxiety at Vex's possible judgement.

"In Rain's case, like I said, it was a work thing. To unite a pair of brothers sounds cute and sweet to me.", Vex responded.

Kaleva fell into an uneasy silence.

"There are a lot of aspects to it. I want to make you understand.", Vex started again. "The urge to do it is always there. It is a thrill. A wild, primal rush. The compulsion to transfur a helpless human, it takes willpower and discipline to control.", Vex began, voice softening into a fierce whisper. "It's hot. It's so, so hot what Rain tried to do, haha. Foolish, probably, but a reeaally fun idea. Just thinking about it..."

Kaleva shut his eyes and compressed his face, the whispering making him shiver a little. I guess that makes a lot of sense that it's a sex thing to them, given how I've seen Rain and Halley behave before. He then calmed down and kept listening.

Vex gently patted Kota's head, sensing his tension. "Sometimes it is defensive in nature. If somebody hates us and wants to hurt us, then, transfurring that person will change his mind quickly. That's not fun, though, that only happens if we're desperate. If he's willing and wants it, on the other hand... that's the best feeling. If you just dropped down and begged me to transfur you, that would make me... absolutely wild, hahah." He affectionately stroked Kota's masked head and warm body, big soft paws feeling all over him.

Kaleva felt the blood flow pulse harder and faster, taking over his entire body in an exciting kind of fear. Is he going to make me? Should I.... should I beg for it like he wants? Release the tension, it'll all be over, he'll be so happy... No! I can't do that, I just can't, I'm not ready, please! Is he expecting me to say something? Has the moment passed?