Chapter Two : Body Count

Tiffany Jones (News Channel) Good morning residents of Providence. Two Providence Academy students named Joaquin Smith and Mandy Griffith, were found dead with their throat slits in the Coral Spring Swimming Hole last night. There is no further information about the two murders or the culprits, but the investigation is in progress.

◾◾

PROVIDENCE ACADEMY

The next day, everyone is talking about the two boarding school students, Joaquin Smith and Mandy Griffith. Both were honor roll students.

In the hallway, there are two shrine lockers. One at Joaquin's locker and one at Mandy Griffith's.

Flowers were placed at the lockers. The ladies were crying to themselves and others comforted them.

It's a sad day at the Providence Boarding School Academy.

◾◾

BAXTER HOUSE

I gently knocks on the door. It opens. Grayson is there, in his pajamas.

"Hey, Dahl." Grayson greeted me with a small smile.

"Hey back at you, so, get dressed." I said, walking inside and into the living room.

Grayson gently closes the door and slowly walks inside the living room.

"Look, Catty, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but maybe, I'm not quite ready to face the gossip." Grayson said, sitting at the kitchen table, opening himself a can of margarita.

" Grayson said, sitting at the kitchen table, opening himself a can of margarita

"So, you're just gonna feel dejected?" I said to him. "You need to pull yourself back together, Gray. I'm serious."

"I know." Grayson said, taking a swig of his can of margarita. "You look cute serious."

I roll my eyes at him. "Grayson?"

"Why are you so worried about me anyway?" Grayson asked. "I'm pretty sure that Sebastian wouldn't like it for you to spend some time with me knowing our chemistry connection."

"First of all, Sebastian understands and second of all, don't be such a dick. I'm trying to help you even though, you don't want to help yourself." I tell him.

"So, leave then and stop wasting your time trying to help me." Grayson tells me, annoyed.

I look at him, bewildered. "You know what, I can't believe I actually dated a coward like you."

Grayson looks at me, slightly hurt, at the mention of me saying that he's a coward.

"Maybe, you should've stayed at the juvenile detention center. That's where bad boys like you end up anyway because they are such screwups." I tell him and walks away from him, walking out of the house.