Chapter Twelve : Homecoming Catastrophe

PROVIDENCE ACADEMY -- GYMNASIUM

The next day, I'm in the gym with the Beckett Crew, setting up some formal decorations for the homecoming dance this evening.

Leigh Ann and Sasha has gently hung up the "HOMECOMING DANCE" banner above the gym double doors.

"You guys be careful." I said to Leigh Ann and Sasha referring to the ladder.

"We are." Sasha said.

I small smile to myself and finishes up decorating.

"Hey, Carrey." Sebastian greeted me with a small smile.

"Hey, Sebastian." I greeted him.

"What time can I pick you up for the homecoming dance?" Sebastian asked.

"Um, how about 6:30 pm." I said.

"Good. And do you know what's cool?" Sebastian asked.

"You, me, Grayson, Leigh Ann and Sasha live on the same street?" I said.

"Yep." Sebastian replied with a small smile. "Do you think Trixie will be here?"

"Yeah, I think so." I said to him. "I just got a bad feeling that something's gonna happen."

"Nothing's gonna happen, except this homecoming dance. We're gonna have fun, dance, maybe, eat or drink something, and then, we'll just hangout together with the pals." Sebastian said to me with a small smile.

I small smile back at him.

◾◾

In the Arts& crafts room, I finished my sunflower canvas painting and puts it on the display wall outside with a few other canvas paintings.

And yes, I put my name on it as well.

Grayson walks up to me, admiring my sunflower canvas painting.

"Your sunflower canvas painting is amazingly gorgeous." Grayson said.

"Thanks, Gray." I said to him.

"Have you and Roxy made amends?" Grayson asked and looks at me.

And I look at him. "Yeah, we talked. We're good."

"Both Sebastian and Roxy knows, Catty." Grayson said, referring to our magnet chemistry connection.

"I know, and like I already told you, maybe, much later down the line, but not now." I tell him. "I love Sebastian and you can't risk your friendship with him."

"I know." Grayson said and slowly walks away. "I'll see you later at the homecoming dance, Dahl."

"Okay." I said to him.