CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃
THE LAST KINGDOM
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ─── ❛ oaths

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃ THE LAST KINGDOM𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ─── ❛ oaths

SERPENTS TONGUE ₊˚.༄𖥸 ── 
𑁍₊𓄹 -- ❪ the last kingdom ❫. 𓄹
╭ ‧₊˚⊹    你好,欢迎光临           
╰ ✦ mutual agreements╭ ᘒ ✦

Vulnerable.

That is what Melusine felt in the room she was trapped in, with Æthelflæd. Melusine was doing everything she could to protect the young girl from harm.

But the Dane, Erik, was doing the same thing. He brought no harm to the pair, making sure they were well-fed, bathed.

He promised that they would not go through any harm whilst he was looking after the two women.

Athena had told Melusine what Dane men were capable of, so Melusine knew what to expect. But Erik made sure that his men outside of their room would make sure no one else would harm them.

Keeping an arm around Æthelflæd, Melusine slightly relaxed, resting her chin on the young girls head. She would protect Æthelflæd in any way she could.

"Hæsten, what are you doing?" Melusine sat up slightly at the Dane's voice, her grip tightening on the brunette beside her.

Æthelflæd tensed into Melusine's side, looking towards the locked door, only for it to be opened by Hæsten.

Melusine tightened her grip on Æthelflæd, sucking in a breath as she looked up at the man. "What do you want?" She calmly asked, but her voice shook as she spoke.

"What do I want?" He repeated, his eyes looking between the two women with a predatory look, which made Melusine shiver and stand in front of Æthelflæd. "I'm here to remind you that you're both women and our hostages."

Melusine's heart hammered against her chest as the Dane walked closer towards them, but Melusine kept Æthelflæd behind her. "You both have very pale skin." Hæsten continued, slowly moving towards them, making them back up. "Both of you show me, take off your clothes." He pointed at the two.

Melusine swallowed thickly, feeling Æthelflæd's grip tighten around her arm. "Does-does the Lord Erik know that you're here?" Æthelflæd stuttered, almost hissing as her back hit the wall.

"It was the Lord Erik that sent me here." Hæsten grinned as he spoke, a sickening grin, which sent shivered down both women's spines, for different reasons. "Now, remove your clothes or I will rip them for you both."

Melusine squeezed her eyes shut as she kept Æthelflæd behind her, looking around for anything she could use against him.

Her eyes widened as she quickly crouched down, grabbing the bucket of water and throwing it at Hæsten with a yell.