CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃
THE LAST KINGDOM
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ─── ❛ Dane slayer

▃▃▃▃▃ ‧₊˚⊹ ‧₊˚⊹ ▃▃▃▃▃ THE LAST KINGDOM𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ─── ❛ Dane slayer

SERPENTS TONGUE ₊˚.༄𖥸 ──
𑁍₊𓄹 -- ❪ the last kingdom ❫. 𓄹
╭ ‧₊˚⊹ 你好,欢迎光临
╰ ✦ cursed and death╭ ᘒ ✦

Everyone was still trapped and surrounded in the nunnery, Hæsten and the rest of his men locking them in.

"All doors have been blocked on the outside apart from that one." Finan walked in, pointing over to the main door where everyone stood.

"Will they set a fire?" Æthelflæd asked from beside Athena and Meluisne.

Untred shook his head at that, turning to the woman. "No, not yet." He sighed. "He will want you alive."

"We should fight, Lord." Sihtric spoke up, making Uhtred turn to him. "We should open the doors and fight."

"Oh, and die?" Osferth uttered from behind Sihtric, arms crossed over his chest.

Sihtric turned to him with a pointed look. "It is as good a plan as any." Finan agreed with Sihtric.

Athena hit her inner cheek as she shared a look with Uhtred. She slowly nodded her head, making Uhtred nod his. "Osferth, you'll open the door in my word and retreat." Uhtred told the boy, nodding his head at the door behind them. "Then we form a shield wall and then we negotiate."

Athena frowned at that, her brows pinching together. "Negotiate?" Athena and Sihtric said at the same time, clearly not agreeing with Uhtred's words.

"Hæsten will want his prize." Uhtred simply said, turning to the rest of his men. "To the door!"

Athena sighed as she stayed beside Melusine and Æthelflæd, moving them back as the men moved towards the door.

Athena watched as Uhtred and Skåde spoke, making Athena's eyes widen. Was Uhtred going to use Skåde instead of Æthelflæd.

Skåde glanced over at Æthelflæd at first, then her eyes landed on Athena. Uhtred pulled away from his her, moving towards his men.

That gave Skåde the opportunity to move towards Athena, pulling her to the side for a moment. Athena almost tripped over her own feet as Skåde pulled her away from any listening ears. "Come with me."

Athena's eyes widened at that, pulling her hand from Skåde's grasp. "What?" She uttered, looking at the woman with pinched brows.