Detention

Walking with Hagrid I frown glancing at Draco, slowing down after motioning him to slow we fall behind more losing Hagrid as he continues walking.

"So how did the Prince of Slytherin earn a walk in the forbidden forest?" I ask.

"Potter and Weasel" he mutters frowning "you?"

"Same, they attacked me and I fought back" I answer.

"Told McGonagall they were out after curfew I got detention but not them" he grunts.

Freezing I look around before pulling Draco with me finding a unicorn on the ground "what's wrong with it?" He asks nervously.

Smiling I walk closer gently touching the stomach "she's in labor" I say happily.

Kneeling down I gently rub her stomach "it's okay beautiful" I whisper before checking her.

Sometime later

Smiling I watch as the mother gets her child to stand on shaking legs, leaving just as Hagrid shows up looking worried with a cross brow.

"You kids okay?" He asks.

"She delivered a unicorn" Draco says sounding shocked.

Smiling I get up dusting my legs "is detention over?" I ask.

"Right let's go" he mumbles leading us back.

Walking into the castle I head straight to my room and freeze seeing Hooch relaxing on my bed "it is concerning that a Professor is in a student room on the bed" I say calmly.

She hums looking around "I remember going to school with you, you were a Ravenclaw then and would stay away from everyone but Lady Ravenclaw spending all your free time sat in her area telling her stories of what's going on outside Hogwarts, then years later the Muggles shot my broom and you caught me helping me land safely".

"What's your point?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Back then you had faith in humans to figure it out but one day you came back completely different, you looked at them with disappointment and refused to interact with them so tell me what changed"

"Like I said they are set on burning the world and themselves"

"I've heard whispers, Mystfire disappeared for many years and hasn't taken anyone to greet fate till recently, they are worried about you concerned you may become like her"

Scoffing I lean on the wall ignoring Rowena and Helena watching with concerned looks.

"I am not her, she made the choice to feed the fires I have decided to let them do as they wish, I may pick up a few that I believe are worthy and maybe something better will rise from the ashes when it's over but few are worth Fate's gift"

"Hermione, there are whispers of her being pulled back in to face punishment and earn her form back"

"Hermione, who are you talking about?" Rowena asks.

"A Phoenix that lost her mind" I answer.

"Her Phoenix sister, the other born to her Phoenix parents she gained her form much sooner"

Frowning I glare at Hooch "why are you in my personal business" I snap.

"Because you are already losing who you are just like her, she became jaded and eventually snapped, this happened the same time you had less faith in humans"

Huffing I look away from her "again tell me what you seen".

"It's exactly what I said Rolanda you can't understand it or believe it, I went looking for her after she disappeared completely and found her starving and watching as the humans burned the world away, clouds like mushrooms, humans dying or deformed children born the same, desperation for moldy food or even a sip of water killing each other for it"

Shaking my head I sigh looking away from them "it drove her mad, years without change before finally it clears enough to restart, now leave" I mutter.

Walking to my bathroom I sigh looking at the mirror "I am not becoming her she tried to speed the path forward, I let it continue on at it's set time" I mutter.