14

Two days till Yula ball

Coming to the dinning room I frown seeing Bella eating a huge bowl like a young Phoenix again while Beeley looks panicked over the amount "Miss Bella you must slow or be sick" she says franticly while taking the bowl.

"How many is that today?" I ask frowning.

"Three" Beeley mutters glaring at her slightly before walking away muttering to herself.

"Bella, you can't just eat like that or you will get sick again and Beeley will keep you locked up again till she's convinced you won't truly die"

"How did you end up with such a frantic elf" she mutters placing a hand on her stomach frowning.

Shrugging I grab her arm and Apparate to the library in Malfoy manor "Narcissa" I call while checking on Myrtle and the chicks.

"You let her hatch my chicks" Bella asks frowning.

"No, she did it herself then needed help" I snark.

Hearing Nymph bump into something I look to the door seeing her come in holding a vase that she carefully sits down before stepping back.

"Why not put it back on the table?" I ask.

"I kind of lost it" she mutters glancing at the door.

"You lost a table?" I repeat frowning.

"It would be weird to see a vase floating in the air" she adds.

"Undo it" I say calmly.

She shakes her head wide eyed "Aunt Cissa hexed me randomly for a month because I messed it up by it coming in to old" she whispers.

"Nymph, meet your Phoenix grandmother that everyone believes is your Aunt" I finally say motioning to Bella.

"Wotcher Auntie Bella" she greets the Phoenix stuffing food in her chicks mouths.

Seeing Narcissa come in glaring at Nymph I hold out a list distracting her "I'm unclear if this is acceptable at this time" I mutter frowning.

"Excuse me?" She asks in disbelief.

"I have not celebrated Yula in many years and I can't remember if something's are past or future traditions, I can not shame my family name"

Narcissa sighs looking over the list "I will handle this just make sure your robes are correct".

Nodding I clasp my hands behind my back "I will wear grandfather's robes with a few items belonging to my other houses" I answer.

Hearing Nymph laugh I look at her frowning "oh sweet Salazar, you're so stiff" she says laughing.

Looking at Narcissa I frown before looking down my body "what does she mean so stiff, is something wrong with my clothes?" I ask confused

Hearing her laugh more I frown "she means your stance and how you speak even when you're not formal it's as proper as possible" Narcissa answers.

"Why is that amusing?" I ask.

"Because you are supposed to be 12 Hermione but you act much older and use ancient supplies it makes you stand out"

"I do not understand why, I was always highly respected for how I behaved and my respect for history" I say more confused.

"I'm sure you are but years at Beauxbatons Academy have made you stand out here, since everyone believes your mother was a student of her mother who was a Beauxbatons Academy student, it is expected that you would stand apart from your current peers"

Nodding I frown "who am I supposed to invite? I do not want to be accused of rejecting anyone for their blood but I do not want people who would insult tradition".

"I'll handle that as well, now you want muggle born students and half blood that will allow help so they don't insult you"

"No Potters or Weasleys" I add frowning.

"Lovegoods?"

"That name sounds familiar" I mutter frowning.

"Pandora Malfoy, she married Xenophilius Lovegood"

"Pandora" I mutter frowning.

"Lucius baby sister, a little blonde, sees things other can not, likes experimenting with spells and postions" Narcissa adds.

"Oh the first girl born to his family since it's founders" I say nodding.

"Her daughter will start Hogwarts next year, she's just as fascinating as her Mother"

"Yes the Lovegood family is acceptable, I enjoy talking with them in the past hopefully their descents are just as intelligent" I answer.

Day of the ball

Glancing at Hooch I frown seeing her adjusting my robes "I'm capable of dressing myself".

"With how your sister dressed I have my doubts" she mutters.

Being released I make my way to greet guests my guests, stepping out of my room I frown feeling someone bump into me.

Glancing at the person I frown seeing a blonde with silver blue eyes "oh, I'm sorry I was following the nurgles".

Blinking a couple times I nod "okay, I hope they do not cause trouble tonight" I finally say after processing what she said.

"Most people don't believe me about them, but they seem to be enjoying the energy here"

Nodding I smile slightly seeing her looking above my head "your Aura is fascinating and very beautiful" she suddenly says.

Chuckling I nod my head "thank you for the compliment Ms. Lovegood, your Aura is a lovely mix of pinks and blues".

Hearing her soft response of thanks I watch her wonder off following something else "it's such a strange gift they have to see such things" I mutter to myself.