Chapter 16

Daniel's POV:

"Courtneyyyyy," I moan through the telephone.
"Dan," she sighs.
"Courtneyyyyyy."
"You're giving me a headache."
"I always give you a headache."
"True," she says and giggles.
"I'm always nice to you. Can't you do this one thing for me?"
"You kicked me out of your flat."
"I had good intentions. But Courtney you can't make me do this alone," I complain and kick an empty bottle of Dr Pepper aside. I really don't want to go to this stupid dinner anyways. Every year Rachael's family holds a gala for charity. This year I got invited and I really don't want to go alone. As much as I like Alley, I'm not going to invite her. Our trip to Burger King was bad enough. Not only did I spill my drink all over the table, soaking her bag but I felt so sick from eating 2 Double Whoppers that she had to drive me home. Talk about embarrassing. Courtney sighs.
"I don't know... I think I'm busy tonight."
"Doing what? Sitting in a hotel room?" I ask.
"I... Ummm..."
"Courtney?" Someone asks. It sounds like a boy. A British boy at that! What is she doing with a boy? Is this why she can't come? What happened to 'twin before win'? That's something Courtney and I made up when we were younger. Always stick with your twin, no one else before them. Maybe I never followed the rule but it hurts when she does it.
"Oh my... Um... Daniel can I call you back? I'm really busy! Until I confirm its a no," she says.
"Wait! Courtney!" I exclaim.
"Bye!" She whispers and then the line goes dead. I throw my cellphone onto the floor and sigh. I quickly pick it up to see if I scratched the screen. There's a scratch in the top right corner. Darn it. My moody tantrums are starting to get expensive. Looks like I'm going to Rachael's bash by myself then.

A/n:

Hey everyone! I'm so happy! Words can't explain my joy! Baggage Claim has hit 1000 reads!!!!!! Thank you so much!! You are all amazing!

I love you all so much!
-Jamie❤️
Xxx