Chapter 18: Changbin

Fixed a few mistakes...not a new chapter

I woke up to banging on my door. I check my phone, and it says 5:00 am.

"Go away! It's too early!" I groan, throwing my blanket over my head.

"Come on, Nari! Today is my date with you and I want to work out with you!"

I shoot up, remembering Changbin had asked me to workout with him this morning.

"Oh alright! Let me get dressed."

I throw on some leggings and another baggy shirt I "stole" from Changbin. I quickly run out the door and fill my water up and put on my shoes.

"Hey, isn't that my shirt? I've noticed multiple of my shirts have gone missing." Changbin says, crossing his arms.

I sheepishly smile, "Um...maybe?"

He picks me up and throws me over this shoulder easily. 

I laugh, hitting his back, "Put me down!"

He throws me on the couch and starts to tickle me, "Don't steal my shirts!" He says a playful smile on his lips.

"You know you like seeing me in your shirts!" I exclaim, running out the door into the car, Changbin chasing me.

We get to the car, and he picks me up into his arms and hugs me tightly.

"Alright, how do you have so much energy at 5 in the morning." He asks, letting me go and getting into he car. I shrug.

He starts driving and we arrive at the gym and sign in.

We start stretching, "Hey, what do you want to hit today?" He asks.

"I don't know."

"Wanna hit abs and arms?" he says, swinging his arms, stretching them.

I nod and start warming up my arms.

We do a simple but heavy workout, and we leave feeling good.

~~--~~--~~

When we walk into the dorm, we see the rest of stray kids chilling in the living room.

"I'm going to go shower, "I quickly say, trying to bolt to my room, not brave enough to face Chan and the others.

"Nari," Changbin calls out, but I ignore him.

I quickly take a shower and put on another pair of leggings and a hoodie from my high school.

Everyone is still in the living room so I just chill in my room.

After a while I hear a knock on my door, "Nari? Can you please let me in? Can we talk?" I hear Chan's voice on the other side of the door.

I quietly get up and open the door, quickly getting back to my spot on my bed.

Chan enters and stands by the door, "Nari, I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday but I was scared and worried for you. He is still out there, and I know how you are with crowds. I- I guess I shouldn't have yelled but I don't know what I would do if I lost you. When I saw you making yourself smaller like what you told me you did when you were young, I broke." he says, his Australian accent calming my nerves and anxiety.

I look down at my hands, "I'm sorry too, it's just all the memories of my dad came back, and I acted on instinct. I can't imagine what that must have done to you." I whisper.

Chan comes up to me and hugs me, wrapping his arms around my waist and back, tucking my head under his chin, "Please don't be mad at me." He whispers.

"I could never be mad at you." I whisper back, wrapping my hand around his lower back.