Vol.2 The Festival of the Goddess.

The night slipped by swiftly, and as the first light of dawn filtered through the window, Rya awakened, feeling rejuvenated and ready to embrace the new day.

Struggling to leave her bed's comfortable embrace, Rya was startled by a sudden, persistent knock at the door to her room. "Um?... Who is it?" Rya called out.

"It's me, Alpha! Open up!" A familiar voice yelled through the closed door.

Rya let out a sigh as she slid into her pants, which still felt uncomfortable to her when she transformed into a Dark Elf and then made her way to the door. As she swung it open, she was greeted by the sight of Dalia standing there, her tail wagging eagerly.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning? Don't you like to mate with Percy until 10 am?" Rya asked, surprised. Ever since Dalia took Percy as her mate, the two had spent more time alone in the mornings by the day. Rya would have to cover her elven ears in hopes of silencing out their moans and screams of pleasure.

"Oh, my little wolf? He's sleeping right now after our nightly exercise... B-But he was asking me about going to the festival last night before he passed out, and I didn't know what to tell him this morning, so I came to you instead," Dalia explained with a bit of worry in her body language.

"Oh, why are you nervous? You've already mated with him, and that's the hardest part... There's nothing to worry about." Rya said, reassuring the Wolfkin.

"Hey!? But this will be our first date thingy! And I want it to go well! I'm worried that if I don't act confident, I might mess things up... A-And he might leave me for another mate," Dalia said nervously.

"Wow, you really love him, don't you?" Rya replied with a big smile.

"Gah! I-I don't know!... Maybe I do. A-And I think I want to have his pups. But he's human... Do you think he would want my pups?" Dalia asked shyly.

Rya wanted to smile at the Wolfkin's confusion, but she held back for the time being. She could tell that Dalia really wanted her help, and the last thing she wanted to do was tease her.

"You mean you want to 'mate' mate with him?" Rya asked again, but this time, it sounded more like a statement than a question.

"I don't know! Maybe down the road... All I know is that I don't want to lose him," Dalia confessed.

The Dark Elf flashed a warm smile and draped her arm over the shoulders of the Wolfkin. With just a simple reply, Rya understood the depth of her love for him.

"I don't think he's leaving you, Dalia... From what I can tell, he's head over heels for you, and he wouldn't leave you because of that... My advice is to just be yourself when you two go out on a date, okay?... Now come on, let's find the dining room and get something to eat," Rya said before turning around and heading down the hallway.

***

Dalia nodded and followed the Dark Elf closely, and it was not long before they arrived at a set of double doors leading to the dining hall. They opened the doors and saw the room crowded with a few dwarven nobles who had been there since late last night, passed out from drinking too much, and the servants were trying to clean up all the messes left behind, but that was proving to be difficult with all the past out bodies strewed about the room. Rya sighed and shook her head. It turned out the dwarves in this fantasy world weren't that much different from all the fiction novels back on Earth.

'Well... This is my life from now on,' Rya thought as she sat down in an empty chair with Dalia grabbing the one next to her.

After a few moments, a servant girl wearing a simple white apron dress came up and placed two large platters of food on the table. One platter had a bowl of porridge made from wheat and honey with a small dish of fresh fruit; the other had a plate filled with strips of roasted venison and vegetables. Both were accompanied by a mug filled with cold milk.