ENEMY AT FIRST SIGHT

1

                       1

I was still enjoying my sleep when my mom's voice destroyed the beautiful dream I was having. I tried covering my ears with a pillow but I still couldn't block away her voice.

"Lauren! Lauren! Gosh this girl will be late on her first day. Lauren!" I hear her footsteps approaching my room and am forced to wake up.

"You can stop yelling am up already," I grumbled as I stretch myself.

"Go take a quick shower you will be late for school," she says and her footsteps retreat.

I check my alarm clock and realized that school doesn't start until 3 hours later. Like seriously mother. I grumbled grumpily and dragged myself into the shower.

My name is Lauren Huntley, am 16 years old and the last born in the family of three. My family is the most powerful and influential in the whole of Canada and beyond. My two older siblings Mark and Andrew are all abroad pursuing their studies while am still in high school.

My father Mr Luther Huntley is the most powerful and feared man in the Americas so am kind of a celebrity.

I have black long hair, brown eyes and perfect figure 8 body. Not bragging but am down right sexy.

After having a shower, I decide to go for a high waist blue skin jean and a blue top and white sneakers. I let my hair fall loose and descend the stairs. My parents were chatting happily at the dining table.

"Morning dad," I greeted him and sat down.

"As if your father is the one who woke you up," my mother snapped and I smiled sheepishly.

"Good morning princess," dad replied.

"And good morning to you too mother," I grinned knowing fully well that I was annoying her.

"Some child you are," she muttered.

"My night was terrific thanks for asking mother."

"Don't mind your mother sweetheart. Ready for your new school?" Dad asked. I don't know how many times I am going to change schools. I have even lost count of how many schools I have been to.

"Am not so sure," i reply honestly. "I guess we will find out when we get there."

"Honey you will be late for work," mom cuts off our little chat. Like seriously mother, so now I can't chat with my own father.

"Sweetheart let's go, it seems your mother doesn't want us in the house anymore," dad says as if reading my thoughts.

I stand up and walk towards mom and peck her cheeks.

"Bye mom, I'll see you when I get back."

"Bye darling, be good."

"I will."