THE BEGINNING

14

Everyone was there. It was my day, I had clocked 17 years of age. All my friends were there. Davie, Jia Li, Tessa and Mandy, all elegantly dressed in beautiful dresses. Their boyfriends were also there in suits, but I have not set my eyes on Michael and Samantha yet.

The knot in my stomach gets tighter each time I think about him. Tonight whether I like or not, I will certainly cross paths with him.

The banquet hall was busy as everyone was waiting for me to make an entrance. Drinks were served as the guests continued chattering amongst themselves. The lights then suddenly go off.

The spotlight shines on me as I descend the stairs. Am wearing a black spaghetti strap dress that is glowing in the light with black heels. My hair is styled in a half ponytail.

My parents really went out of their way to make this birthday a memorable one.
My birthday cake is a gigantic one metre vanilla flavour. It's wheeled into the hall.

"You look beautiful," Mandy comments.

"You too, have you seen Samantha?" I ask.

"Nope, she will be here don't worry about it," she assures me.

The party went on quite well with me anxious about Samantha's arrival. Time came for me to blow out the candles. Because of the height of the cake, I had to stand on a stool to reach the top.

Unfortunately I lose balance and fell while the guests exclaimed. I wait for my body to hit the floor, but a strong manly arm comes out of nowhere and grabs me by the waist, stopping me from falling. I look up to see my saviour.

I only see a familiar smirk and beautiful pair of eyes. With the way my body reacts to his touch, I know for certain that it's Michael. He's the only one capable of making my heart race, at least since I fell for him.

"We're not letting that happen on your birthday, are we?" He smirks.

"Certainly not," I sigh in relief.

Michael helps me to blow out the candles and everyone wishes me a happy birthday and went back to partying.

I slip away from the attention of the crowd and go to the rooftop of the hotel where there was a Helipad and stand there to have some alone time.

From where I was I could see the bustling streets at night.

"It's quite unusual for the birthday girl to leave guest by themselves," he says, the sound of his voice makes my stomach churn. I turn around to face him with a smile.

"It's hard not to leave when your guests don't notice you."

"But I did," his tone ice cold yet so gentle. I take the take to take him in.

His wearing a navy blue slim fit suit with his hair pushed back. I wonder how he looks so good yet so annoying at the same time.

"Did you bring me any present?" I ask changing the topic. He takes steady and gentle steps towards me until we're only a breath away from each other.

"Am not a bad guest. Close your eyes," he whispers.

"Michael..." I begin to protest but he cuts me.

"Close your eyes," he whispers more firmly but still gentle.

I find myself closing my eyes without any further questions. Many naughty thoughts were running in my head.

"My he wants to kiss me," I tell myself.

"You just want him to kiss you," my subconscious mind argues.

"Are you sure they're closed?" He asks.