A SPARK

9

   WEEKENDS WORST DAYS

My phone ringing wakes me up from my deep slumber. I squint my eyes at my phone screen and it's Luwi calling.

Morning lover," she hums. She seems to be in a very good mood today.

"Morning babe, how was your night?" I ask with a yawn.

"Don't tell that this is when you are waking up," she laughs.

"It's the weekend, you don't expect me to wake up early, do you?" I chuckle.

"Anyways, my night was good, how about yours?"

"Splendid."

"Speaking of the weekend, what plans do you have for the weekend?"

"What do you think?"

"No no no Michael. I still need to walk remember? I can barely feel my legs from last night and I don't think I can handle another marathon of sex," she giggles.

"How about you meeting my parents?" I ask out of the blue.

"Am really shy and nervous, I don't want to look stupid," she says.

"My parents are not really strict," I assure her.

"By the way we have a trip to Hawaii on Monday."

"Hawaii? Is it a school trip?" I ask with insane curiosity.

"Yeah only for grade elevens and twelves."

"For how long?"

"It will be for a whole week. You know what that means right?" Her voice is naughty.

"No," I pretend to be dumb.

"No supervision, no stop sex..." She hypes me up until a knock comes on my door followed by mom's voice.

"Son," she calls.

"Mother," I answer.

"Today will be your first day at work, hurry up," she reminds me. I had totally forgotten about it.

"I will be downstairs in a short while."

"Okay," she says and I hear her footsteps receding.

"Babe I have to go," I tell Luwi.

"Why?" She asks with sadness in her voice.

"I have a part-time job at my Dad's company which starts today," I reply.

"So you won't come and see me today?"

"I thought you said that you need to walk," I tease.

"Yes, but I would rather have you stuck between my legs than anywhere else," she says with a sigh. She is not happy.

"Don't worry it won't be long, I promise."

"Have a great day at work, love you."

"Love you more."

After she hangs up the phone, I get out of bed and have a quick shower. After drying my hair, I snake through my closet and pick a white short sleeve shirt, a black trousers and black pointy shoes.

I pick a black male quartz wrist watch and zoom out of my room and descend the stairs. Mom beams with smiles as she gives me an approving look.

"I actually thought you would be in casual clothes, it's not like you are resuming today," Dad explains.

"So it won't take long?" I ask.

"You are going there to be introduced to the staff and getting acquainted with the functions of the company under your charge. That's only about two to three hours."