SHY ENEMIES

10

"Sam, why aren't you asking me about Jeff?" Lauren asks after noticing that I have not blown up to her face yet.

"What is there to ask Lauren? It's your life, you choose how to leave it," I answer, but the truth is I don't care about what she does anymore. I tried to talk some sense into her.

"But..."

"I don't want to talk about it!" I cut her off. A message alert rings on my phone and I check. It's a text from Michael.

"Meet me at the beach, last night's place."

I smile unknowingly as I read the text from him. Lauren looks at me as if I had grown an extra head.

"Why are you smiling?" She asks.

"We'll talk later," I say and exit the room before she could ask anymore questions.

Last night was like a dream for me. I hope that today things will go a level up. I wore a sky blue summer dress and let my hair loose like always.

There he was in all his glory. In white beach shorts and shirt with the first three buttons left open, giving me a good view of his manly chest.

His piercing eyes meet mine and he flashes me his usual intoxicating smile. I can feel my cheeks heat up just because of his simple smile. He had Eric and Chen with him, seemingly preparing for a surf.

"Morning Sam," he says with a smile.

"Morning Michael," I reply with a smile.

"Hope I didn't disturb your schedule for the day," he says.

"No, not at all," I quickly answer.

"Good morning Samantha," Eric finally takes notice of my presence.

"Morning Deric," I reply purposely combining his name to his crush's name and he shoots me a death look.

"Deric?" Chen and Michael are puzzled. So he hasn't told them about her.

"Don't mind her, let's go Chen," Eric quickly interjects and pulls Chen along with him, leaving me with Michael alone again. Already my face is crimson. Michael notices it and chuckles.

"What's making you blush so early in the morning?" He interrogates.

"Just remembered someone," I say.

"Boyfriend?" He probs further.

"Nope," I say and smile. Michael chuckles.

"Well I hope that person won't mind if I was to walk with you on the shores like last night," he says and I smile.

"He won't mind," I grin.

Just like last night, we walk on the shores barefoot, these days were the best I have ever had with him. The way he just manages to make me blush, smile and laugh with a simple joke is nothing short of remarkable.

Milton then arrives out of nowhere and whispers something into Michael's ears.

"Where is she?" He asks and my heart sinks. I had forgotten about his girlfriend Luwi.

"By the swimming pool at the back," Milton answers. Thank you for ruining my day.

"Sam I will be right back."

"Okay," I reply and he leaves in haste. It's back to square one.

Milton gives me a long hard glare and then he smirks. What's up with this weirdo?

"You know that it won't work right?" He asks.

"What are you talking about?" I ask puzzled by his question.