LOVE CIRCLE CONTINUES

11

"You are kidding right?" Eric asks as we exit our room.

"No am not, we kissed for a minute or two before she ran off. It was so different from Luwi," I say the taste of her lips still lingering in my mind.

"How do you mean?" He raises a brow.

"Luwi had the ability to make my heart race, but Lauren made my heart stop," I explain.

"You know what I think?" Here comes Eric and his theories.

"No what?"

"You're attracted to Luwi, but Lauren is the one that you actually have feelings for," he says and I scoff. That's the most ridiculous theory I have ever heard.

"Tell me why you are not affected by Luwi's breaking up with you," he demands.

"I don't want her to think that am obsessed with her."

"We will soon find out the real reason why," Eric says.

Samantha's POV

I wake up early in the morning after crying myself to sleep. The image of Lauren and Michael kissing refuses to leave my head and it's really suffocating, like a truck sitting on my chest.

Lauren just had to go and kiss the guy I have been in love with for four years and counting. Our friendship will never be the same again.

"Morning Samantha," she greets me after coming from the shower.

"Good morning Lauren," I manage to compose myself and answer.

"There's something that I need to tell you after the day's activities," she says nervously. What you want to confess that you kissed him?

The mere thought of it nearly squeezes the breath out of me. Why did you do that Lauren, just why?

"Sure."

I go into the shower and let the water drown my pain and sorrow. I knew that love hurts but this is excruciating pain.

"Samantha hurry up we will be late," Lauren calls me after noticing that I have taken time to come out.

"Be there in a minute," I answer.

I come out of the shower and dry my hair. I put on green shorts and grey t-shirt, I put on black sneakers.

We match to the beach and join the rest of the students who were gathered there. The teacher in charge of our group stood up and begun his address.

"So today's activity is survival camp. You will be out in groups of 5 and then be sent to the rainforest at different points. You're supposed to come back here before nightfall. You will be blindfolded when going there."

While the teacher was addressing us, I caught Michael staring at Lauren a couple of times and it just hurts me even more. I wish you could look at me with the same eyes of adoration and desire as you do to Lauren and Luwi.

Lauren was placed in the same group as Jia Li, Davie, Given and Milton. Michael had Eric, Mandy and Travis. I was with Trevor, Tessa and some other people I didn't pay attention.

"Hey Tessa," Michael calls her as we were about to leave.

"Yes."

"Where's Luwi?" He asks. You beloved girlfriend got laid by Jeff last night. I say to myself.

"She left last night," Tessa reveals.

"Alone?"

"I am not sure."