LET US GET ALONG

4

I was in the living room watching TV, well not really I was texting Luwi. Mom came in from the kitchen and found me smiling. Mom was just from preparing dinner.

"My pride," she praised as she sat down.

"There you go again mother," I groaned. She makes me feel like a baby sometimes.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked after a text came in.

"Luwi," I beamed. "A girl I met earlier at school today."

"How are things between you and Lauren?" She asked out of the blue.

"Things between me and Lauren? How do you mean? I ask trying to get wind of where she was going with this.

"Don't you like her? She can make a good girlfriend." Oh now I see, mom thinks I like her. I can bet that it's the same for her.

"Seriously mother? Nothing can go on between me and Lauren and even if it did, it wouldn't last long."

"What makes you say so?" She asked. I could see disappointment skate on her face.

"We hate each other!" I reply.

"Hate each other? How?" Mom was shocked at my revelations, however it's the truth.

"First she dropped my phone, second she ruined my first day at school. Worst of all, she even slapped me."

"Am sure you must have really pissed her off for you to warrant a slap from her," she said amused by my story.

"I just knew that you would take her side," I complained. She then ruffled my hair.

"I know your behaviour son," she smiled.

"The truth is I already like someone else," I grin.

"Luwi?"

"Yes."

"But you just met her."

LAUREN'S  POV

"I also just met Michael," I rolled my eyes.

"Michael is a decent young man," mother defends him. He only portrays decency when he is around you.

"A decent man wouldn't abandon me for another girl," I murmur.

"What was that?"

"Mom I don't like Michael! He is rude and obnoxious," I snapped.

"Camilla and I thought that you and Michael suited each other," she revealed. Mom I can't believe that you wanted me to date that imbecile. We would practically murder each other.

"We hate each other too much to like each other, not to talk of even dating," I rolled my eyes.

"Only time will tell Lauren, only."

"Yeah I guess," I reply wanting to put an end to this conversation. However mom wasn't done.

"You have to apologize to him," she said with a glare.

"Apologize to him for what?" I scoffed. This was getting on my nerves.

"For slapping him of course."

"But mom he called me a female John Cena!" I grumbled.

"He should have called you Braun Strawman instead," she counters. Mom are you seriously picking his side over your own daughter? Betrayal of the century.