016. a peaceful sight.

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 to the trio, the way that the rough and ruthless daughter of ares had her arm draped around the fragile unclaimed girls waist; as if holding her tightly so she wouldn't go anywhere. The way the glass child was snuggled up against her chest as she released soft breaths. It was truly a peaceful sight to see.

  Grover even had to take out his polaroid camera again and snap a quick photo of them, receiving confused looks as he stuffed it into his pocket where the other polaroid photo was.

  Clarisse's head was propped up on the wall, one arm holding Rory close to her, the other draped over her stomach as she looked so peaceful in her sleep; something Percy thought he would never see.

  Rory looked like a little kid, snuggled up closely to Clarisse's chest, finding the warmth and security as if she was meant to be there. The way she found comfort in her sent of coconut and vanilla and the way she was at ease upon Clarisse's breathing pattern.

  They were calm and peaceful. No anger, no tears, no arguments, no raging daddy issues, nothing. Just peace.

  But if only they knew what the trio was talking about amongst themselves.

The accusations and faults, even the Iris message to Luke about the situation. Percy chose not to picture Rory's reaction when they decide to tell her; which he will be forcing Annabeth and Grover to do because he was scared.

It had been quite a while since the sun rose, Clarisse had woken up minutes after Annabeth ended the Iris call with Luke, thankful that she didn't hear anything. Clarisse was still sat in the same spot, same position, same breathing pattern.

She refused to move or make any sound until Rory had woken up, even shushing the trio and animals as they were being to loud that Rory was starting to stir in her sleep.

She wanted Rory to get the rest she needed, after fighting off a Chimera, diving into a body of water, having a small lash out about her stepdad, being left as hostage at the diner with Ares, and having a small panic attack in the dirty and grimy bathroom of the diner, she deserved it.

Yeah, Percy almost died from poison, almost lost his sister, had some rage issues with both his stepdad and Ares, thinking he was about to die in an amusement park, finding out he had water powers, turning into gold quite literally, and having another rage issue with Ares; but in Clarisse's mind, Rory mattered more.

But being that they were almost at their destination, almost being literally there, Clarisse had to wake up the calm and peaceful Rory, being met with a grouchy and rude Rory.

"Hey, Ant." Clarisse called to the girl softly, the trio watching the scene unfold. Rory didn't make a sound or movement, instead light snores just left her mouth.

"Ant." Clarisse called again, still nothing.

"Star." Clarisse said loudly, to which Rory only stirred. Clarisse sighed, not wanting to do what she had to do, but desperate time calls for desperate measures.

Clarisse leaned down closer to Rory's face, seeing how close she was to her face that she could see the small tan freckles littered around her face. She looked at Rory's sleeping face, glancing down ever so slightly before going to her ear. "Star." Clarisse said loudly, which cause Rory to jolt awake, almost head butting her and Clarisse's forehead.

Rory groaned, annoyance overcoming her senses as she dug her face more into Clarisse's chest, trying to find the comfort of sleeping again but Clarisse stopped her. "Come on Star. Let's go."