What comes before honour?

Eklavya, in a very futile attempt, tried to teach Mihira archery

Eklavya, in a very futile attempt, tried to teach Mihira archery. Otherwise hilarious, it was humiliating to even try whilst in the royal practice grounds, where multiple people were trying multiple different weapons and practicing.

"While your efforts are valiant, wild boy," she said, as they discussed the same while being on their way to the house that Eklavya had scouted for her ,"I rather prefer my machete."

Eklavya glared at her. "And what of the day you might need a long ranger weapon?"

"I can have daggers. I can wield spears and lathis. You needn't worry." Mihira breathed in deeply as the scent of Jasmine flowers breezed through the air. "Besides, we are living in Vidharbh. Whatever can happen to me here?"

Mihira was of the mind that she would much rather stay out of the whole war coming. Of course, the war was necessary for the good of the world. And, quite honestly, it wasn't her place to interfere. She was a mere mortal and she wasn't dumb enough to believe that her presence may change anything in this world.

Making friends with Eklavya had already opened her up to the possibility of being utterly devasted when he would die. She did not think that she would survive in Indraprasth or Hastinapur- even if her being able to come into contact with the royals was a slim chance, Mihira knew how many civilians and army men could die in a war that huge.

She would rather have no friends at all, stay in Vidharbh, and do the accountings of the state for the rest of her life.

Of course, she knew that at point or the other she wanted to be able to see Shri Krishna, but that could be arranged. He would inevitably marry Rukmini Mata. There was no way that they would never visit Vidharbh after their marriage.

Eklavya was looking at her weirdly. "You are a warrior, spitfire," he said, almost as if he wasn't the one uttering the words but something more buried under his chest was speaking through him. "And wars have a way of finding warriors." His tone changed back, "I would rather you not die. My father has grown attached to you, and so has Saini and the Prince Rukmanetra. The Crown Prince will be terribly bored if you die. Your death would be a hassle for my job as a spy."

Mihira rolled her eyes, something uneasy shining in her. "I am also very adept at running away. Do you not remember how we met?"

"Ah, yes, the day I should have killed you. Fiesty little thing, you. It would have definitely made my life easier."

"But less entertaining."

"I could torture you for entertainment." He countered as the rounded the last turn, walking ahead of her carelessly.

Mihira narrowed her eyes. "Your audacity exceeds your ability, careless boy. Careful."

Eklavya laughed. "I could kill you here and no one would know."

"Oh, will you? Will you kill your mistress, slave boy? How awfully disloyal of you." Mihira pouted at him, knowing that this was the easiest way to irritate him.