twenty.

ROWAN SAT ON the sofa, her mother to the right of her, and her brother splayed out on the floor with josie

ROWAN SAT ON the sofa, her mother to the right of her, and her brother splayed out on the floor with josie. quinn was at danny's house, and molly— she didn't know where molly was.

the girls stared blankly at the telly— 90 day fiancé, ellen's favourite.

ellen looked over at rowan, staring at the features they both shared. a small frown was placed upon her face.

"you okay?" she placed her hand on her arm, bringing her attention away from the telly to her mother.

"mhmm," she smiled, masking the frown. she pointed at her lips, "resting sad face."

she giggled slightly, looking away from the gaze of ellen.

"rowan."

"yeah?"

"i know my child."

she looked back at ellen, a sigh forming.

"talk to her," she said simply. "she needs you as much as you need her, baby."

rowan rolled her eyes. not by the fact of her mother giving her advice— she loved it. she didn't like the fact that her mother was taking both of their sides. this was her mum; she was supposed to support her.

"she doesn't want to talk to me, mum," rowan's eyes squinted, her nose scrunching. "believe me, i know."

she emphasized the word 'know.'

"well, i bet you she is thinking the exact same thing as you," ellen spoke, poking her finger into rowan's side. this is what she did when she was trying to make a point. "she thinks that you don't want to talk to her, so— she doesn't try. you've got to be the person to start it, or it'll never end."

"why even aren't you friends?" noah finally sat up from being suffocated by josie, who stood on top of him.

"just boy stuff," ellen shrugged it off.

"it's not just 'boy stuff', mum," her voice rough, with two fingers quoting 'boy stuff.' "silas is a complete dick, excuse the language— he deserves it. she's chosen him over me, not her fault, all his. he's completely ruined everything! everything that me and molly have built together, gone. he's ruined her. he ruined that poor girl, again."